Anyone with a ton of money? NL7094 and B7095 on eBay.....

Dekatron42

May 21, 2020, 11:22:12 AM5/21/20
to neonixie-l

alex nolan

May 21, 2020, 11:30:09 AM5/21/20
to neonixie-l
Ah, I was wondering when that NL7094 listing would pop up again. Looks like the seller found another rare tube, but this one is untested unfortunately.

alex nolan

May 21, 2020, 11:32:25 AM5/21/20
to neonixie-l
For what it's worth, this CD-27 popped back up on ebay recently too, it's a steal compared to that NL7094: https://www.ebay.com/itm/RODAN-CD27-NIXIE-tube-OKAYA-CD-27-geant-numeric-indicator-tube/114230143560 (not my listing)

martin martin

May 21, 2020, 11:37:49 AM5/21/20
to neonixie-l
Wow,
Big tubes, big price looks almost like what Dalibor is making

fax_awd

May 21, 2020, 11:45:47 AM5/21/20
to neonixie-l
https://www.ebay.com/itm/114230145538 same seller

alex nolan於 2020年5月21日星期四 UTC+8下午11時32分25秒寫道:

Nicholas Stock

May 21, 2020, 11:53:37 AM5/21/20
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Pushing the limits of credulity. I keep my eyes on the bay and have done now for about 20 yrs....for about the last 5 years the same two ZM1030 tubes have been listed at the same price....i would have taken that as a hint personally to lower the price maybe?

The 7095 is very rare indeed....I’ve never seen one listed before, so that one may be worth the asking price for the collectors, but the 7094 isn’t worth $2K (I get it, things are worth what someone is willing to pay for)...but as Martin said, given Dalibor’s recent posts, looks like ultra large end view tubes may be on their way!

What I find a little disappointing is the paucity of tubes being offered now....but inevitable at some point I suppose..

Hope everyone is safe and healthy and enjoying indoor neon!!

Cheers,

Pharma Nick

Sent from my iPhone

On May 21, 2020, at 08:45, fax_awd <lauki...@hotmail.com.hk> wrote:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/114230145538 same seller

alex nolan於 2020年5月21日星期四 UTC+8下午11時32分25秒寫道:
For what it's worth, this CD-27 popped back up on ebay recently too, it's a steal compared to that NL7094: https://www.ebay.com/itm/RODAN-CD27-NIXIE-tube-OKAYA-CD-27-geant-numeric-indicator-tube/114230143560 (not my listing)

alex nolan

May 21, 2020, 12:09:02 PM5/21/20
to neonixie-l
I really love that Dalibor is creating new tubes, and his expansion into the large front-facing tubes are quite exciting. The one downside in my mind is the aesthetic of the pins, however. I really enjoy nixie pins arranged in a circle as they can be used as mounting points. Dalibor tubes tend to be taller/longer due to needed a circuit board interface to turn the small flexible wires into pins arranged in a circle. That arrangement also adds a mandatory non-glass portion on the bottom of the tube.

That tends to be one reason, or my reason at least, for continuing to purchase order tubes like the Z5680M and such.

On Thursday, May 21, 2020 at 11:53:37 AM UTC-4, Pramanicin wrote:
[...]

Kevin A.

May 21, 2020, 12:12:21 PM5/21/20
to neonixie-l
I believe Dalibor is working on a traditional vaccum tube pin base for his tubes. I cant remember which video it was but in one of his recent updates he noted that he had finally found a supplier for the classic style of tube base with a circular pin arrangement. Very excited to see when that becomes a reality for his nixies in the future. My bank account is not very excited however!

To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/neonixie-l/f66b9d68-b4db-4a28-935e-8b9652b9b2ba%40googlegroups.com.

Jon Jackson

May 21, 2020, 12:13:22 PM5/21/20
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
What is displayed on the B-7095, a grid of some kind ??  I only see a couple of perpendicularly-crossing elements inside that tube.

Nicholas Stock

May 21, 2020, 5:31:36 PM5/21/20
to 'Greg P' via neonixie-l
Probably a +/- sign....although it does look like an 'H' too....I couldn't find any data online for it....

Jon Jackson

May 21, 2020, 5:34:11 PM5/21/20
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
I couldn't find any data either...

Paul Andrews

May 22, 2020, 8:12:59 AM5/22/20
to neonixie-l
I don’t know where he finds them. As for symbols, +, -, = may be?

Robert G. Schaffrath

May 22, 2020, 8:24:46 AM5/22/20
to neonixie-l
Ooh, I have been out of the loop lately. I had not heard that. I have an odd fondness for front facing tubes like the ZM102x's and IN-12's. Maybe because the first Nixie tubes I ever saw (and captivated me) were front facing ones back around 1972 IIRC. Large tubes like that B-7095 that have appeared on eBay really impress me. I would find the money to assemble a six digit front facing Nixie tube clock with ~1.5" digits which I believe the largest of the large Burroughs/National tubes had.