Ever seen this?

SWISSNIXIE - Jonathan F.

May 10, 2018, 3:11:28 PM5/10/18
to neonixie-l

Found this by accident
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Old-vintage-NOS-NU-IDPI-144-Made-in-USA-radio-antique-apparatus-vacuum-tube/263659229862

Look at the white top, kind a looks like a neon bulb coating (flourecent), but why would a neon buldb have so many pins?

Could that be a small crt tube like the NIMO ones?

Charles MacDonald

May 10, 2018, 4:28:37 PM5/10/18
to neoni...@googlegroups.com, SWISSNIXIE - Jonathan F.
Very small CRT - will try to attach descripion

--
Charles MacDonald Stittsville Ontario
cm...@zeusprune.ca Just Beyond the Fringe

threeneurons

May 10, 2018, 8:15:04 PM5/10/18
to neonixie-l

1DP1 1 inch CRT. Its a ONE, not an "I" (eye) as the first character.

Standard CRT numbering system, where the first numeral, is the rough diameter, in inches, the 3rd character, is always a "P", and the number after the "P", is the phosphor type. P1 is green. P4 would be white.

I have a 1CP1, and a 1EP1 in my tube stash.

More data, on the tube in the eBay listing:

John Rehwinkel

May 10, 2018, 8:46:56 PM5/10/18
to 'Grahame' via neonixie-l
I have a 1CP1, and a 1EP1 in my tube stash.

I have those, as well as a 1FP1, and a 1DP11.

Here's a pic of some of my small CRTs (1DP1 is top row center, with a Nimo tube to the right of it, and an XM1000 to the right of that):

- John

David Forbes

May 14, 2018, 3:08:17 PM5/14/18
to NeoNixie
I made a little tiny scope clock with this CRT back in 2001.

I have collected a few dozen of these tubes, if anyone's interested in this gizmo.

petehand

May 15, 2018, 4:12:16 AM5/15/18
to neonixie-l
I'd like one. Those would be a drop-in replacement for the 3LO1 in my clock - just a bit smaller.

Oscilloclock

May 15, 2018, 6:10:47 AM5/15/18
to neonixie-l
David, out of curiosity did you ever get around to making the finished product mentioned on the page?

- Aaron