ebay DIY clock

Jeffry P

Jun 4, 2021, 11:08:56 AM6/4/21
to neonixie-l
Has anyone bought on of these clocks?

I'm trying to download the instructions/assembly manual and the links they gave are in Chinese. Here are the links they sent.

extraction code: 41q3

extraction code:TP4A

Any help is appreciated. Thank you,

Jeffry

Paul Andrews

Jun 4, 2021, 11:13:05 AM6/4/21
to neonixie-l
If you use Chrome, you can use the google translate plugin on a PC. On an iPhone, Chrome will automatically offer to translate.

Joe Croft

Jun 4, 2021, 11:59:01 AM6/4/21
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Looks very nice. If I didn't have other irons already in the fire, I would consider buying one.

I suspect it will be painful to build. With that said, and not being able to download the PDF (it wanted to download and install acrobat), The schematic seems complete enough you could build it from that. The hard part will be all of those lovely bends!

-joe

Jeffry Portell

Jun 4, 2021, 12:55:22 PM6/4/21
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Yes I got the schematic but that's a far cry from the other steps needed into making the parts into a functional clock.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "neonixie-l" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/neonixie-l/1622822311.4288.4.camel%40gmail.com.

Nick Andrews

Jun 4, 2021, 1:22:38 PM6/4/21
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Wiat, that's not $180 for the unassembled kit surely...

Jeffry Portell

Jun 4, 2021, 1:47:48 PM6/4/21
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
After not being able to get the proper instructions to build the kit I asked to exchange for an assembled one. They replied they don't have one.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "neonixie-l" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/neonixie-l/CAJD4P-hD5eAEpUV-ET45KncwqpzLhKQq6XW9x_LDLYXTK3TZXQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Nick Andrews

Jun 4, 2021, 2:20:21 PM6/4/21
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Ouch that's pricey.  Maybe print out all the pictures on 11x17 in color to get most of the details?

Mac Doktor

Jun 4, 2021, 7:56:13 PM6/4/21
to neonixie-l

On Jun 4, 2021, at 2:19 PM, Nick Andrews <nickja...@gmail.com> wrote:

Ouch that's pricey.  Maybe print out all the pictures on 11x17 in color to get most of the details?

At this price you'd think they would have at least one 3D model.

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"

“...the book said something astonishing, a very big thought. The stars, it said, were suns but very far away. The Sun was a star but close up.”—Carl Sagan, "The Backbone Of Night", Cosmos, 1980

Richard Arndt

Jun 5, 2021, 8:24:21 AM6/5/21
to neonixie-l
Requires a client install to download the manual.  Installs are risky...

Aiden Fang

Jun 5, 2021, 12:35:57 PM6/5/21
to neonixie-l
Jeffry,

I was able to download the first link, but not the 2nd one.
You may want to contact the seller directly asking for the assembly manual. It's quite challenging to assemble without it.

Good luck.

辉光光时钟修改版.png