B5991 sockets

Jonathan Peakall

Mar 16, 2018, 4:08:55 PM3/16/18
to neonixie-l
I am starting on my fantasy ham radio transceiver project and of course
it will use nixie tubes for the frequency display, B5991's. It will also
have a neon bar graph for an S-meter. I am looking for 7 or 8 sockets, I
have plenty of tubes. I'll pay cash or maybe trade some tubes for them.
Panel mount type would be best but I might consider PCB mount. I also
have some HP equipment style sockets that I would trade, they are too
large to easily fit in my enclosure.

The radio will be built around a uBITX. It should be delivered this week
so it is time to get working on the display.

You can reach me off list at : jpeakall AT madlabs DOT info. Thanks!

Jonathan

petehand

Mar 17, 2018, 5:02:07 AM3/17/18
to neonixie-l
Whatever you do, don't try to plug them into Russian IN12 sockets! They are superficially the same and look as if they will fit, but the dimensions are off just enough that your B5991s will break when you push them home. Ask me how I know.