Interesting tubes in eBay 7 segment nixies MG-17G

Bill Notfaded

Apr 16, 2019, 12:11:02 AM4/16/19
to neonixie-l
I picked up a couple sets just because they're so unique. I hope they look as neat as I think they might. Pictures just don't always do justice. Both MG-17F and G look different.

Bill

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nixie-Tube-Elfin-Rodan-MG-17G-Made-in-Japan-6-pcs-Lot/303127500793

Bill Notfaded

Apr 16, 2019, 12:21:34 AM4/16/19
to neonixie-l
The name Elfin Rodan MG-17G and labeling is really cool looking too. Different kind of label on them too. There doesn't seem to be an above grid in front of this one where the MG-17F does have one in front.

Bill Notfaded

Apr 16, 2019, 12:22:54 AM4/16/19
to neonixie-l
Anode not above... Stupid phone.

Bill Notfaded

Apr 16, 2019, 7:29:52 AM4/16/19
to neonixie-l
I hope someone else got the other ones here... Shortly after posting they were gone.

Paolo Cravero

Apr 16, 2019, 8:48:11 AM4/16/19
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 1:29 PM Bill Notfaded <notf...@gmail.com> wrote:
I hope someone else got the other ones here... Shortly after posting they were gone.

Sadly not me (for MG-17G). Exactly one year ago I wrote here on neonixie about a transportable calculator using them that was showing a strange behavior. I tracked the problem in loose top-ring (anode?) that shorts random segments, depending on where it falls. Probably that is the weak mechanical point of these little beauties.

Paolo

Tyler Bourne

Apr 17, 2019, 2:22:50 PM4/17/19
to neonixie-l
I bought a set.

Bill Notfaded

Apr 17, 2019, 6:55:12 PM4/17/19
to neonixie-l
I'm excited about these unique tubes. These don't have the grid in front so they're really brighter than the F tubes are.