Name that tube

Paul Andrews

Apr 21, 2018, 4:38:50 PM4/21/18
to neonixie-l
I just got this tube and have no idea what it is. It is a round, top view nixie. The digit size is 7-8mm and it has leads, not pins. Anyone have any idea?

Paul Andrews

Apr 22, 2018, 1:00:49 AM4/22/18
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
I’m guessing a B4021L

On Apr 21, 2018, at 4:38 PM, Paul Andrews <pa...@nixies.us> wrote:

I just got this tube and have no idea what it is. It is a round, top view nixie. The digit size is 7-8mm and it has leads, not pins. Anyone have any idea?

SWISSNIXIE - Jonathan F.

Apr 23, 2018, 4:05:41 PM4/23/18
to neonixie-l
yes could be B4021 or B-8502

OT: Did u made a template with bases to note down positions of numbers on pins? if yes, great idea!

Paul Andrews

Apr 23, 2018, 4:38:13 PM4/23/18
to neonixie-l
I just looked at your images, the 8 is shaped like the one in your B4021 photos, rather than the B8502, so I assume it is the long-lead variant of that.

Re. template. Yes, I made a bunch in photoshop(!). I wanted to be able to quickly see which tubes were physical drop-in replacements for which other tubes, so I made templates that had 12, 13, 14 and 15 equally spaced 'holes'. A lot of tubes don't use all of those positions, for example a ZM1080 has twelve leads, but it has two gaps, so I drew it on the 14-hole sheet.

If I had more time, I would write some software to generate images of them, including radius, angles, front indicator and pin/lead diameter - I would like to include them on my web site (http://nixies.us/). Actually, this might be quite easy with HTML canvas/css3. Perhaps an HTML form that took the parameters and generated the image.

Alic

Apr 23, 2018, 6:06:52 PM4/23/18
to neonixie-l
Maybe this is the right time and place to ask about these nixies :
https://m.ebay.com/itm/5-pcs-bd200-tiny-nixie-tubes-bd-200/253549521908?_mwBanner=1#vi__app-cvip-panel

They seem to be an old version of the B-7009.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/5-pcs-bd200-tiny-nixie-tubes-bd-200/253549521908?_mwBanner=1#vi__app-cvip-panel

Also : does anyone know why they are so expensive?

Jeff Walton

Apr 23, 2018, 8:12:07 PM4/23/18
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
This seller has a history of less than truthful listings on eBay!  BEWARE!