A finished in-14 nixie clock from a beginner

ZY

Aug 5, 2017, 3:15:15 AM8/5/17
to neonixie-l
I just managed to finish my first complete nixie clock. I'm not too good with woodworking/metalworking so I 3D printed a case instead:

Insides during test (no standoffs and some parts not soldered). I didn't drill a hole for the colon digit in the final build:

I got some help from you guys a while back in debugging some issues with my boost converter. Thanks for the assistance!

SWISSNIXIE - Jonathan F.

Aug 5, 2017, 4:44:13 AM8/5/17
to neonixie-l
Looks very nice!

Keith Moore

Aug 5, 2017, 10:21:07 AM8/5/17
to neonixie-l
Looks GREAT! Nice job!

Robert L

Aug 5, 2017, 12:55:51 PM8/5/17
to neonixie-l
Very very nice!

Knob, buttons and toggle are nice details as well!

MichaelS

Aug 5, 2017, 1:06:27 PM8/5/17
to neonixie-l
Looks great!

gregebert

Aug 5, 2017, 11:18:18 PM8/5/17
to neonixie-l
Uh oh, now you're hooked.....and pretty soon everyone else in your house will be.

After I made my first clock, our son & daughter each wanted one, so I helped them build some of the spare boards I had.
My wife had me build one (with IN-18's) for her  after seeing the movie 'Tomorrowland' ; Now I'm wrapping a second one (with 7971's) for her using pieces from a beloved neighborhood oak tree that fell victim to a storm.

All told, I've built 9 clocks since 2011 and another 3 are on the drawing board.

ZY

Aug 6, 2017, 11:23:01 PM8/6/17
to neonixie-l
Thanks for the replies! I do have several more in the pipeline too so the addiction is growing xD. I've attached a picture of a corner of my working desk.
IMG_3199.JPG

Edward Van Belkom

Aug 7, 2017, 10:04:32 AM8/7/17
to neonixie-l

Very nice looking! It looks like you are hooked:)