Information about very odd ZM an Z Nixie Tubes and Dekatrons

Dieter Waechter

Jan 21, 2020, 1:23:58 PM1/21/20
to Neonixies
Hi Nixie friends,
I'm looking for all information about these strange ZM- and Z- Nixies and
Dekatrons:

ZM1
ZM2
ZM3
ZM4
ZM5
ZM6
ZM7
ZM8
ZM9
ZM10

ZM1002R
ZM1003R
ZM1004
ZM1004R
ZM1010R
ZM1012R
ZM1013R
ZM1014R
ZM1018
ZM1201
ZM1203
ZM1205
ZM1221
ZM1223
ZM1311
ZM1312
ZM1313
ZM1314
ZM1315
ZM1316
ZM1317
ZM1318
ZM1319
ZM1321
ZM1322
ZM1323
ZM1324

Z5100M
Z5110M
Z511M
Z516M
Z561S
Z5690M
Z569M
Z5720M
Z965W

I'm happy about every little hint... data, pictures, datasheets, offers for
these of course as well.
You can send larger files directly to in...@nocrotec.com
Thanks
Dieter

Dekatron42

Jan 21, 2020, 1:58:54 PM1/21/20
to neonixie-l
Are you sure these are actual products or are they just guesses because the numbers are missing in between other known Nixies?

It would be good to know before I go hunting for information.

/Martin

Dieter Waechter

Jan 21, 2020, 2:38:20 PM1/21/20
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
Yes, I confirm, these numbers look like missing between other (known) tubes, but for all of these I have found at least one source telling that they exist.
Sources are mixed, collected over years...
So it's not just a guess from me that they might exist.
Best regards
Dieter

Dekatron42

Jan 21, 2020, 3:08:28 PM1/21/20
to neonixie-l
Ok, so what data/information do you have so far on them, care to share that?

It might help to know what's available so I can try to ask contacts if they know anything in regards to what's available.

/Martin

Dieter Waechter

Jan 21, 2020, 3:36:35 PM1/21/20
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Martin,
This is the special list of the "Z" section where I only have the type numbers and no other data.
I have not explored all data books and data sheets in my archive. So it might be, that I have some data but die not find them, yet.
Of course some are very easy to "guess" - like ZM1010R is the red filter version of the ZM1010, or Z5720M is the clear version of the Z572M.
Oh, this is a good example that the Z5720M exists, since I got the Z572M already.
So to answer your question: The type numbers are all I have up to now.
Best regards
Dieter

Jan 22, 2020, 2:56:00 AM1/22/20
to neonixie-l
Thank you Dieter for explaining! I have a few contacts that I can ask about some details if I know more, but since most of the contacts are well over 80 years old and some well over 90 years old they have asked me to only ask about specific information rather than a bunch of information. So if you find some small piece of information about an old Nixie I can try to se if anyone has more information.

/Martin

Dieter Waechter

Jan 22, 2020, 3:38:18 AM1/22/20
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Tomasz for the information.
Yes, I see this entry in the RFT catalogue.
I also never saw a picture of that type.
Best regards
Dieter

Am 22.01.2020 um 00:02 schrieb Tomasz Kowalczyk:
> I'd like to use your thread to add one more tube to the list of sought
> tubes:
> LC-541 - a biquinary tube made by Dolam, mentioned as a replacement for
> other biquinary tubes with noval socket in some RFT catalog. I've never
> seen a photo of one or any other mention of its existence.

Dieter Waechter

Jan 22, 2020, 6:51:55 AM1/22/20
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Martin,
Yes, I understand that. In future I will surely do research in special
type numbers... will show the results with questions here...
Best regards
Dieter