Anyone know who these experimental nixies ended up going to?

Audrey

Sep 25, 2021, 10:52:21 AM9/25/21
to neonixie-l
I asked the guy who took the pictures and he told me he sold them on ebay.
EXPERIMENTAL_IN-23_IN-4_NIXIE_TUBE_new.gif
tube_iv-6-vfd-differen-colors-150x150.jpg

jb-electronics

Sep 25, 2021, 11:22:54 AM9/25/21
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

The IN-4-looking alphanumeric tube is with me. It's in a safe deposit box for now since I recently moved from Canada to the US so I haven't had time yet to take pictures and put them on my website http://www.jb-electronics.de/html/elektronik/nixies/n_sammlung_komplett.htm?lang=en . Hopefully I will have time later this year. I have no idea who bought the colored VFD tubes, I remember that auction.

Best wishes
Jens

On 2021-09-25 10:52 a.m., Audrey wrote:
I asked the guy who took the pictures and he told me he sold them on ebay. --
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/neonixie-l/f3a112b2-6feb-46fb-8bf7-8754d6140ddcn%40googlegroups.com.

Audrey

Sep 25, 2021, 11:24:10 AM9/25/21
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Wow! I'm glad it's with one of you guys running one of those sites. I think you have the best collection jens, if you dont mind me asking where did you get that hitachi alphanumeric tube?

jb-electronics

Sep 25, 2021, 11:39:29 AM9/25/21
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your kind words, Audrey :) The HI549 came desoldered in a bundle with small numeric tubes (I want to say CD88) so they were probably desoldered from a calculator, like the one I show in the article: http://www.jb-electronics.de/html/elektronik/nixies/n_hi549.htm?lang=en . I bought them on Ebay probably around 2009 or so.

Best wishes
Jens

Audrey

Sep 25, 2021, 11:43:01 AM9/25/21