Beautiful pilot pre-production sample of the Soviet tube IN12

Alexander Kriegesart

Feb 20, 2022, 7:40:43 AM2/20/22
to neonixie-l
 Hello World. I have been making watches for several years. And while looking tubes for my projects, I came across one unique thing.
 This is a pre-production prototype of the Soviet tube IN12.
  I have always been interested in the history of technology development. And the discovery of this pipe was a pleasant surprise. Too bad I can't afford to collect tubes. But I am pleased to share this find with the world.IMG_20220214_142454.jpg
IMG_20220214_142501.jpg

Alexander Kriegesart

Feb 20, 2022, 7:42:17 AM2/20/22
to neonixie-l
I will show in the photo a comparison of the prototype with the oldest IN12 serial tube I have.

As you can see, the Soviet idea of ​​reducing the number of dies for the production of the number 5 was implemented in the IN12 series from the very beginning.  (I mean the use of the inverted two as the number five)
IMG_20220220_142432.jpg
воскресенье, 20 февраля 2022 г. в 15:40:43 UTC+3, Alexander Kriegesart:

Alexander Kriegesart

Feb 20, 2022, 7:43:27 AM2/20/22
to neonixie-l
When compared, the dimensions of the flasks differ in the prototype and serial tube.IMG_20220214_223850.jpgIMG_20220215_000457.jpgIMG_20220214_223959.jpg

воскресенье, 20 февраля 2022 г. в 15:42:17 UTC+3, Alexander Kriegesart:

Alexander Kriegesart

Feb 20, 2022, 7:44:40 AM2/20/22
to neonixie-l
And it is especially interesting to note the arrangement of the anode grid.  The mesh is as fine as that of the IN1, IN2, IN8 tubes I have met earlier (I mean the tubes of the 70s of release)
It can also be seen that the mesh is fixed by resistance welding on the frame.  The surface of the frame is uneven and, in my experience with metal, is most similar to traces of electrochemical metal etching (which is also more typical for single items than for a serial product)IMG_20220220_124412.jpgIMG_20220220_124530.jpg

воскресенье, 20 февраля 2022 г. в 15:43:27 UTC+3, Alexander Kriegesart:

Alexander Kriegesart

Feb 20, 2022, 7:45:15 AM2/20/22
to neonixie-l
This picture shows the typical early 1970s white ceramic coating on the wires inside the bulb.  In the 80s, such a coating was discontinued.IMG_20220220_124606.jpg

воскресенье, 20 февраля 2022 г. в 15:44:40 UTC+3, Alexander Kriegesart:

Alexander Kriegesart

Feb 20, 2022, 7:45:50 AM2/20/22
to neonixie-l
That's all I can say.
 I hope you were interested, and the photos turned out to be quite informative, I used all my possibilities of photographing with a mobile phone.
Write if you are interested in learning about the technological differences between other Soviet lamps and the devices in which they were used.  I have something to say :)
I was also interested to know if there are people who want to purchase this pre-production sample of IN12.

воскресенье, 20 февраля 2022 г. в 15:45:15 UTC+3, Alexander Kriegesart:

Alexander Kriegesart

Feb 20, 2022, 7:47:48 AM2/20/22
to neonixie-l
123.jpg

Jon

Feb 20, 2022, 11:27:23 AM2/20/22
to neonixie-l
Alexander - really interesting, thank you for sharing the photos. Does the prototype tube have a date code on it?

Jon.

On Sunday, February 20, 2022 at 12:47:48 PM UTC krieg...@gmail.com wrote:
123.jpg

Alexander Kriegesart

Feb 20, 2022, 11:49:47 AM2/20/22
to neonixie-l
There is no stamp or printed code.  But I think this is normal for a prototype.

воскресенье, 20 февраля 2022 г. в 18:27:23 UTC+2, Jon:

Audrey

Feb 20, 2022, 3:22:04 PM2/20/22
to neonixie-l
I think it is normal for any markings to have rubbed off, but I have some prototype IN-17s with some markings, mostly rubbed off.

Audrey

Feb 20, 2022, 3:28:49 PM2/20/22
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Oops that didn't come across like I meant it to, by me mentioning my tubes I mean that I think that they typically mark them.

Alexander Kriegesart

Feb 20, 2022, 3:33:54 PM2/20/22
to neonixie-l
Oh, IN17 is my favorite kind of tubes. Please show photos of your prototypes, I'm really interested to see them. In the design of the IN17 I have, I did not notice any differences, but I saw a lot of different seals on them, which probably related to high-quality selection for the military, precision instrumentation, and the civilian market.

воскресенье, 20 февраля 2022 г. в 22:22:04 UTC+2, tntm...@gmail.com:

martin martin

Feb 20, 2022, 11:49:25 PM2/20/22
to neonixie-l
Who's making them?  They really look great.

Alexander Kriegesart

Feb 21, 2022, 1:52:06 AM2/21/22
to neonixie-l
city ​​of Rivne, Ukraine, Plant "Gazotron" late 60s.

понедельник, 21 февраля 2022 г. в 06:49:25 UTC+2, martin martin:

Alexander Kriegesart

Feb 21, 2022, 5:43:08 PM2/21/22
to neonixie-l
I still decided to put the tube up for sale.
понедельник, 21 февраля 2022 г. в 08:52:06 UTC+2, Alexander Kriegesart: