For those interested...

Nicholas Stock

Sep 11, 2019, 12:46:46 PM9/11/19
to 'Greg P' via neonixie-l
....not my auction etc..

I have a set of 6 x IN18's from 1971 that have a different pinout from the standard....not sure what to do with them!!

Cheers,

(Pharma) Nick

gregebert

Sep 11, 2019, 2:44:53 PM9/11/19
to neonixie-l
1971?  Truly amazing how long those were manufactured, close to 20 years. I know I have a few made in 1989, and I think I might have some from the early 1990's.

Are the pins in the same physical location as a regular IN-18, just different connections ?

Nicholas Stock

Sep 11, 2019, 3:51:26 PM9/11/19
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Yep, same footprint but different layout....

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 11, 2019, at 11:44, gregebert <greg...@hotmail.com> wrote:

1971?  Truly amazing how long those were manufactured, close to 20 years. I know I have a few made in 1989, and I think I might have some from the early 1990's.

Are the pins in the same physical location as a regular IN-18, just different connections ?

Richard Scales

Sep 12, 2019, 12:36:07 AM9/12/19
to neonixie-l
I would build a clock with connections in the right place - or perhaps build a board which had the right connections and use a clock that drives remote tubes - I have a two tube clock design (and now a three tube clock design) which drives remote tubes, PV Electronics has two boards for remote tubes - a newer one with direct drive - great for IN-18's, you'd just need to take care of the connections to match your tubes.
... if all else fails - I could give them a good home ;-)

On Wednesday, 11 September 2019 20:51:26 UTC+1, Pramanicin wrote:
Yep, same footprint but different layout....

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 11, 2019, at 11:44, gregebert <greg...@hotmail.com> wrote:

1971?  Truly amazing how long those were manufactured, close to 20 years. I know I have a few made in 1989, and I think I might have some from the early 1990's.

Are the pins in the same physical location as a regular IN-18, just different connections ?

gregebert

Sep 12, 2019, 1:35:35 AM9/12/19
to neonixie-l
It would be interesting to see if these early versions have a decent lifetime.

Nicholas Stock

Sep 14, 2019, 1:55:00 PM9/14/19
to 'Greg P' via neonixie-l
I only have 6 of them, but they should be 'enjoyed' I suppose....not sure if they have Hg or not.

On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 10:35 PM gregebert <greg...@hotmail.com> wrote:
It would be interesting to see if these early versions have a decent lifetime.

Alex

Sep 15, 2019, 5:45:46 AM9/15/19
to neonixie-l
Oddly that seller wont ship to the UK, along with a couple of other countries:

"Excludes: Russian Federation, Belarus, Moldova, Ukraine, United Kingdom"

Has Brexit really made things that bad?!

Nicholas Stock

Sep 15, 2019, 10:47:36 AM9/15/19
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Not yet it hasn’t but just you wait...:) As an expat, I’m quite frankly appalled at the state of affairs in my country of birth....but politics here in the US is a circus too...but that’s a little OT.

Sent from my iPhone