읽지 않은 첫 메시지로 건너뛰기

martin martin

읽지 않음,
2021. 6. 20. 오후 7:36:5521. 6. 20.
받는사람 neonixie-l
Hello all,

I helped a friend clean out his garage today.  Some of these items have been stored for more than 30 years!
The Eldorado counter is still right on the money. * And, I have the original manual too.

The HP 3478A is nice to have around also!  The large display to the right is unknown.

Happy Sunday!

-martin
all.jpg
El D.jpg

tntmod54321

읽지 않음,
2021. 6. 20. 오후 7:43:2121. 6. 20.
받는사람 neoni...@googlegroups.com
absolutely gorgeous, nice finds

Adrian Godwin

읽지 않음,
2021. 6. 20. 오후 7:49:5921. 6. 20.
받는사람 neonixie-l
That unit on the right is amazing. What is it ? A DVM ?

tntmod54321

읽지 않음,
2021. 6. 20. 오후 7:50:4121. 6. 20.
받는사람 neoni...@googlegroups.com

Nicholas Stock

읽지 않음,
2021. 6. 20. 오후 7:51:2121. 6. 20.
받는사람 'Greg P' via neonixie-l

Joe Croft

읽지 않음,
2021. 6. 21. 오전 7:08:1121. 6. 21.
받는사람 neoni...@googlegroups.com
Nice Catch! Makes me wish I wasn't a hermit ;)

-joe
--

Bill Notfaded

읽지 않음,
2021. 6. 21. 오전 8:40:5921. 6. 21.
받는사람 neonixie-l
Nice find Martin!  I have a collection of Eldorado counters... they're really nice.  What's the one on the right with seemingly no markings?  I'm curious what that thing is?

Bill

Adrian Godwin

읽지 않음,
2021. 6. 21. 오전 10:09:1221. 6. 21.
받는사람 neonixie-l
The one to the right has a decimal point, which would suggest voltage. But it has a lot of precision for something that old.
Maybe it's a digital readout for something like a machine tool or a microscope positioning system ? The 'space-age' format might be appropriate for a something like an electron microscope.

Terry S

읽지 않음,
2021. 6. 21. 오후 7:36:3121. 6. 21.
받는사람 neonixie-l
I think I've seen that display on a CMM. But the front panel had markings IIRC.

Terry S

읽지 않음,
2021. 6. 21. 오후 10:13:0621. 6. 21.
받는사람 neonixie-l
I should say a similar display. It had multiple nixie readouts.

martin martin

읽지 않음,
2021. 6. 21. 오후 10:48:2421. 6. 21.
받는사람 neonixie-l
Inside
IMG_1836.JPG

Bill Notfaded

읽지 않음,
2021. 6. 22. 오전 12:06:4821. 6. 22.
받는사람 neonixie-l
I think it may be similar to my X Y display for milling or lathe back in the day.  I have a large nixie display that shows X and Y.  The vertical on the back maybe gives it away idk?

I'll eventually put up video of mine.  I have so much stuff it's out of control.  I always think wow that's really cool then move onto something else.  Now my house is full of test gear.  It's all got a story though so I hope to one day tell it in more detail.  Vintage display technology nut, voltnut, and timenut is basically me outside of work.

Bill

martin martin

읽지 않음,
2021. 6. 22. 오후 6:25:3821. 6. 22.
받는사람 neonixie-l
The inside finally!
Those Nixie's are ZM1000 from Amperex.  The board is date coded '72

On Sunday, June 20, 2021 at 4:36:55 PM UTC-7 martin martin wrote:
the board.jpg

Mac Doktor

읽지 않음,
2021. 6. 22. 오후 11:11:1821. 6. 22.
받는사람 neonixie-l

On Jun 20, 2021, at 7:36 PM, martin martin <mcve...@gmail.com> wrote:

I helped a friend clean out his garage today.  Some of these items have been stored for more than 30 years!
The Eldorado counter is still right on the money. * And, I have the original manual too.

A friend of mine moved fifteen years ago and somehow managed to take the "best" stuff with him. Fortunately, he was willing to give up all of his Nixie gear.

The tubes in the Fluke and Systron Donner DMMs are all shot in the same way. The least significant digit is invisible due to the opaque layer on the inside of the tube. As you move to the right the envelopes become clearer. They're all nine decimal places and each tube is a different brightness, even the last two. That's a washout but the rest of the stuff is OK.

I scored that Eldorado on eBay a while back at a very good price. I prefer desktop counters and meters so it fits in well. Is there any possibility you could scan the manual? I have one for a 1615 but not the 325A.

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"

“...the book said something astonishing, a very big thought. The stars, it said, were suns but very far away. The Sun was a star but close up.”—Carl Sagan, "The Backbone Of Night", Cosmos, 1980

martin martin

읽지 않음,
2021. 6. 22. 오후 11:16:5121. 6. 22.
받는사람 neoni...@googlegroups.com
It’s about 50 pages and includes schematics.
I’ll start on it

전체답장
작성자에게 답글
전달