B8091's

Nicholas Stock

Jul 10, 2019, 3:25:38 PM7/10/19
to neoni...@googlegroups.com

martin martin

Jul 10, 2019, 3:32:24 PM7/10/19
to neonixie-l
He's from TX and those are large tubes.
I think he should make it $300 for 6 of em so I can make another clock to put next to the 1/2" high little Russian's!

Kevin A.

Jul 10, 2019, 3:34:54 PM7/10/19
to neonixie-l
I would buy Dalibor's tubes before these. Similar digit size and I'd rather support him.

Nicholas Stock

Jul 10, 2019, 3:35:23 PM7/10/19
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Ha ha! I like your thinking.

$150 - $200 is probably a more reasonable price range, but hey, some people just got to have 'em....

martin martin

Jul 10, 2019, 3:38:18 PM7/10/19
to neonixie-l
Dalibor is the king of new tubes these days!
I wonder if we should do a group trip and fly out to see him and his factory!?

Maybe a new post is in order!

Greg P

Jul 10, 2019, 3:55:00 PM7/10/19
to neonixie-l
Seller is smoking crack.  Tube/tubes in those pictures looks like there's some darkening on the sides of the glass envelope.

Potential buyers beware, this guy is shady based on my previous experience.....

Paul Andrews

Jul 10, 2019, 4:50:27 PM7/10/19
to neonixie-l
I've just about given up buying tubes. I can't justify the price, given that I already have more than I will ever make clocks for. There are still some models that I would like to get individual samples of though.

Dekatron42

Jul 10, 2019, 4:55:43 PM7/10/19
to neonixie-l
Looking carefully at the photos you can see that the pins are somewhat bent and if I see correctly it looks like the glass has cracked around a few of the pins so they haven't been pulled out of their sockets in the proper way and this might lead to leaky Nixies! There is some light reflecting off what looks like cracks near where the pins enter the glass.

/Martin

Kevin A.

Jul 13, 2019, 2:49:17 PM7/13/19
to neonixie-l
Looks like he's coming down to reality a bit

On Wed, Jul 10, 2019, 4:55 PM Dekatron42 <martin....@gmail.com> wrote:
Looking carefully at the photos you can see that the pins are somewhat bent and if I see correctly it looks like the glass has cracked around a few of the pins so they haven't been pulled out of their sockets in the proper way and this might lead to leaky Nixies! There is some light reflecting off what looks like cracks near where the pins enter the glass.

/Martin

Screenshot_20190713-144824_eBay.jpg

Paul Andrews

Jul 13, 2019, 3:26:46 PM7/13/19
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Apparently he has already sold a lot because there are only 5 left.
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "neonixie-l" group.

<Screenshot_20190713-144824_eBay.jpg>

Dekatron42

Jul 13, 2019, 5:52:54 PM7/13/19
to neonixie-l
Or he’s trying to make you believe that he has sold some so that you think I’ better buy some while there are some left......

/Martin

【ツ】John Smout

Jul 14, 2019, 2:39:51 AM7/14/19
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
The Ramen Udon Noodle Vending Machine with nixie countdown - how did we live without it?

https://youtu.be/hgN9BX8aux0

John S

Tidak Ada

Jul 14, 2019, 2:58:41 AM7/14/19
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
This reminds me a pommes chips deepfrying vendimg machine that stood at a railway station here. I can not remember it had a nixie display, but nevertheless it was amazing to see it at work!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone

【ツ】John Smout

Jul 14, 2019, 3:08:10 AM7/14/19
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
How many of these machines are still operating I wonder? It seems there are many. Here’s another…

https://youtu.be/733T4O1eW4o

John S

Kevin A.

Jul 14, 2019, 11:34:26 AM7/14/19
to neonixie-l
A friend of mind tried buying 2 and the seller cancelled the order at the listed price of $200 and issued a refund.

Out of curiosity, I tried to place a similar order. He cancelled mine as well!

This guy is playing some games. I'm going to write ebay and see if they can impose some penalty for cancelling legitimate orders at the buy it now price!

On Sat, Jul 13, 2019, 5:52 PM Dekatron42 <martin....@gmail.com> wrote:
Or he’s trying to make you believe that he has sold some so that you think I’ better buy some while there are some left......

/Martin

Image-1.jpg
Screenshot_20190714-113215_eBay.jpg

Nicholas Stock

Jul 14, 2019, 11:41:41 AM7/14/19
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
He did what??

Sent from my iPhone

<Image-1.jpg>
<Screenshot_20190714-113215_eBay.jpg>

Kevin A.

Jul 14, 2019, 11:42:56 AM7/14/19
to neonixie-l
Is this some kind of scam? The seller cancelling a paid order 2 minutes after its been placed?

Kevin Aghaei
Rutgers School of Engineering
Class of 2018

Dekatron42

Jul 14, 2019, 11:58:48 AM7/14/19
to neonixie-l
Could be that he is checking the name in the auction order against names here and in the Facebook groups he is a member of and cancels them as he knows that we know about his Nixies and how he behaves.

/Martin

Kevin A.

Jul 14, 2019, 11:59:15 AM7/14/19
to neonixie-l
I just got off the phone with eBay. It appears these two cases here were not isolated events. This seller has been playing games with several other buyers.

eBay rep assured me action will be taken against him for his unscrupulous tactics once his seller evaluation date arrives (once a month).

Dekatron42

Jul 14, 2019, 12:07:36 PM7/14/19
to neonixie-l
It's a pity that eBay (and Paypal) never let you know what action they take against sellers/buyers, especially when cases like these turn up and negative feedback is removed - you never get any receipt on that they actually did anything at all! You can leave negative feedback on cancelled auctions if you can just find the correct link as eBay hides the link in your buying history, but rest assured that the seller will have that negative feedback removed by asking eBay for a removal.....

Reading eBay policies on how they protect the sellers at all costs is not a nice reading when you are a buyer that has been harassed by a seller or sent goods that aren't as described (even with eBay/Paypal protection it takes a lot of time to get your money back - several months in the worst case).

/Martin

On Jul 14, 2019, at 08:34, Kevin A. <ka...@scarletmail.rutgers.edu> wrote:

A friend of mind tried buying 2 and the seller cancelled the order at the listed price of $200 and issued a refund.

Out of curiosity, I tried to place a similar order. He cancelled mine as well!

This guy is playing some games. I'm going to write ebay and see if they can impose some penalty for cancelling legitimate orders at the buy it now price!

On Sat, Jul 13, 2019, 5:52 PM Dekatron42 <martin....@gmail.com> wrote:
Or he’s trying to make you believe that he has sold some so that you think I’ better buy some while there are some left......

/Martin

alb.001 alb.001

Jul 14, 2019, 12:34:10 PM7/14/19
to neonixie-l

A buyer complained after delivery was slow so PayPal froze my account and a few days later refunded his money  as they had "investigated" .  When I took this up with Canada Post, they said that they do not investigate surface mail delivery  (buyer refused to pay for air mail with tracking to Paris Fr.) until after 3 months.  I eventually got proof of delivery from French Postal Service, so Canada Post would not help me.  I contacted PayPal about my proof but they refused to reply. I lost my Sony Laptop computer as well as the cost of shipping and buyer got a free computer.

Back in the 1990's and early 2000's  eBay did protect sellers  but they switched to protecting buyers when many bad sellers spoiled this "honour" system of commerce.   A seller is not allowed to leave bad feed-back on a buyer without significant struggle.   Bad feedback from buyers is easy to apply and tarnish the reputation of an honest seller  -- it happened to me and when I contacted eBay, they said do not remove negative feedback on a seller without a court order !

Phil B.

Dekatron42

Jul 14, 2019, 12:59:55 PM7/14/19
to neonixie-l
I have exactly the opposite behavior from sellers where they have sent broken items, which in a few cases could be seen if you looked very carefully at the auction photos at high magnification, but eBay always sided with the seller and in some cases where I had returned the items and had proof of delivery with signed documents returned to me by the postal system they anyway sided with the seller who claimed he hadn't signed those receipts!

So maybe eBay plays both sides on some occasions. I wish there was an eBay with full transparency on every deal!

It also seems that they themselves, the individual who helps you do as they wish and not follow their own rules.

/Martin

blkadder

Michail Wilson

Jul 14, 2019, 4:28:26 PM7/14/19
to neoni...@googlegroups.com

I have grown to hate ebay as a seller, and not much better as a buyer.

As a seller, ebay/paypal simply pulls the money out of your account and gives it back to the buyer.  Even worse, they charge the seller.

I have sold AMC movie tickets and popcorn/soda on ebay for nearly a year.   Well over 1000 sales.  These are coupons to make them free.  So, it’s sent via email (via ebay messaging).

I have nearly 50 disputes in the last year.   Buyers claim things like, the purchases were unauthorized, say the coupon didn’t work, or I never responded.

Love it when someone buys from me on 4 different times in a month, but says the 3rd purchase was unauthorized.

Or, thanks me for the coupon via ebay messaging, but says I never sent them the coupon, but the thanks was a reply to the code I sent.

Best part of all, is that ebay not only gives them the money back, but also charges me a $20 charge back fee on a $5 item that they lied about not getting.

It’s useless to try to message the chargeback team that the very thanks the buyer messaged has the code in the reply, but says I never sent it.

I even had a buyer that did a charge back, but in messaging bia ebay/paypal claim admits that he got the code and didn’t mean to make the chargeback.  Paypal still forces the chargeback even when the buyer says he made a mistake.  Like WTF is wrong with paypal/ebay.

Every sale I make says I have ‘Seller Protection’ which means absolutely nothing.  Paypal requires a online tracking number no matter what.   So, if you sell an item for $1, but don’t pay $4 for shipping with tracking, you lose.

Sorry about the rant.

Michail Wilson

206-920-6312

alb.001 alb.001

Jul 14, 2019, 6:02:32 PM7/14/19
to neonixie-l

I learned my lesson long ago.  As soon as a buyer pays for a sale, I immediately transfer the money to my bank and then I complete the transaction..    If there is a complaint, PayPal asks me to put money back in my account so that they can freeze it..  I never do it.   Their investigations are totally bogus and I have no trust in them.

Phil B.

Bill Notfaded

Jul 23, 2019, 5:11:20 AM7/23/19
to neonixie-l