Talk about shipping issues to Europe!!!

MichaelB

May 26, 2016, 9:18:32 PM5/26/16
to neonixie-l

Recently (well relatively recently 03-02-2016), shipped a MOD-SIX CPU to a customer in Germany via USPS. 2 weeks went by and the item did not arrive. 3 weeks went by, 4 weeks, 5 weeks, and after 8 weeks I issued a credit to the customer for the full amount including the shipping charges. During this time I had filed a claim with our illustrious USPS which BTW, was never acknowledged.  Frustrating! And all the time, the USPS website continued to say the item had departed the Los Angeles facility on March 2, 2016 with no further updates. Then 2 days ago, on Wednesday, the 24th of May (almost 90 days), customer sends me an email telling me,  unbelievably,  they received the item!  I was blown away! And mostly relieved that this customer finally got what they needed.  But the interesting thing about all this, and to this day, is the USPS website still displays the attached!

Alic

May 27, 2016, 9:04:10 AM5/27/16
to neonixie-l
Hi ,
I live in Switzerland and received several parcels with nixies from the US sent with USPS without any delays.
Considering the very high shipping costs, any delay is unacceptable!

What I noticed, is that the parcels where handed to me by the swiss postal service.
This means that there has to be a hand-over. Maybe that's where the problem occurred?

In general I'm very satisfied with the different postal services of all the different countries where I bought things from so far :
The only delays happened sometimes at the swiss border at customs. Not a single parcel has been lost or damaged (yet).

Let's hope it stays that way.

taylorjpt

May 27, 2016, 10:41:44 AM5/27/16
to neonixie-l
The USPS tracking you display is only the customs acceptance and will NEVER go beyond that... USPS tracking only works in the US and Canada. More supprisingly, your german customer admitted to receiving the package!!! 0.000000% of my experiences in this regard resulted in a refunded order being admitted to having been received.

MichaelB

May 27, 2016, 10:51:47 AM5/27/16
to neonixie-l

Paolo Cravero

May 27, 2016, 1:17:12 PM5/27/16
to neoni...@googlegroups.com

For some reason the parcel could have been assigned a new code when crossing the border. It happened once to me on a pack coming from Germany as I recall.

You may ask the buyer if he still has the envelope to check for other tracking code stickers. So you may find out where it spent all that time.

Also consider that after two months or so the origin postal service (usps) may expire the code and it becomes untrackable.

On a side note I am currently waiting several small shipments from China that have been traveling 45+ days (to Italy).

Paolo
Italy

alb.001 alb.001

May 27, 2016, 5:39:14 PM5/27/16
to neonixie-l

My sad experience shipping to France from Canada.  Fellow bought my Sony lap-top on eBay  but would only pay for surface mail shipping ( I warned him it could take 6 weeks, he wanted cheapest shipping). About 2 weeks later he launched a dispute with PayPal that he never got the item. PayPal froze my account until they could "investigated"  Three days later they returned the money to the buyer. When I went to the Canada post office to claim for the loss, they said I had to wait 2 months and then make a claim. I made a claim 2 months later, Canada Post sent an inquirey to France Post.  France Post sent proof of delivery - buyers signature.   I contacted the buyer who replied in French not to bother him and claimed what he got was different from what I sold him.  Lesson learned, PayPal would not do anything as "they did not have my money !"   Now when I sell something with payment via PayPal I download the money to my bank before I ship product.

Instrument Resources of America

May 27, 2016, 8:13:45 PM5/27/16
to neoni...@googlegroups.com

I don't blame you in the least for waiting for full payment to your "bank account" before shipping. I'd do the same. One does indeed need to protect themselves from scoundrel customers, and also the likes of Sleazebay, and Paypal.    Ira.

IRACOSALES.vcf

Wo Tu

Jun 3, 2016, 3:32:11 PM6/3/16
to neonixie-l
Yes. I know the fact. I was the german customer. It was a big surprise for me too receiving the kit. Lasts 3 month. Normally it takes 2 weeks , maximum 3 weeks. And most of the time needs the german customs for handling the goods coming from outside the EU.