Ir al primer mensaje no leído

Nigel Tout

no leída,
5 sept 2017, 4:34:14 a.m.5/9/2017
para neoni...@googlegroups.com

Roland Huisman has posted a Youtube video demonstrating the internal working of the ANITA Mk12 desktop calculator that he has restored.

This incredible machine from the mid- to late- 1960s employs a Dekatron, cold-cathode tubes, Nixie tubes, and transistors.

The video is at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKAyLnBjS3Q&feature=youtu.be. It is fascinating to see how the technology was used in this transitional machine.

He also has a similar demonstration video of the earlier ANITA Mk8 at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-qvtiqWens

Regards,

Nigel Tout

Roland

no leída,
7 sept 2017, 5:01:13 a.m.7/9/2017
para neonixie-l
Hello Nigel,

Thanks for pointing me to this forum.

Regards, Roland

Paolo Cravero

no leída,
7 sept 2017, 12:15:21 p.m.7/9/2017
para neoni...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to Roland for making the video and to Nigel for sharing.
Speaking of calculators, this Summer 2017 I visited an exhibition of 500 items that presents the evolution of one of the most widespread personal electronic device before the invasion of mobile phones (I made up this statement while writing this email, so I could be totally wrong).

The exhibition is at the Technical Museum of Zagreb, Croatia, Europe, Planet Earth (<http://tehnicki-muzej.hr/hr/kalendar/koji-je-tvoj-(z)broj%3F-%E2%80%93-povijest-racunanja-od-abakusa-do-kalkulatora,19646.html?t=i> use Google Translator to turn it in English). It lasts until the end of September.

These models are available to the general public to try: Privileg 1201M (working), digitron 1620R (just the board and tubes), Olympia CD 401 (12 Nixies, working!), Walther ETR-1031S (working). All other calculators are on display only.

The museum has live demonstration of Tesla ideas and experiments (daily at 15h, in English language), ending with a lightning in a room. Both the exhib and the museum are worth a visit if are in the area (but don't compare it to London's or Munich's or Milan's!!).

I took some close up pictures of calculators with vacuum displays, in case someone is interested.
Paolo

20170816_161840.jpg

Roland

no leída,
9 sept 2017, 3:45:52 p.m.9/9/2017
para neonixie-l
Hi Paolo,

Thanks for sharing the link to this museum. It looks interesting, but I'm
afraid I (and probably more people on the forum) don't come near by Zagreb.
Maybe you can place a new topic about your visit and a some more pictures?
Then anybody can enjoy this exhibition a bit...

Regards, Roland

Responder a todos
Responder al autor
Reenviar