Manuel Azevedo - 1977-2018

Jeff Walton

Aug 12, 2018, 8:12:55 PM8/12/18
to neonixie-l

Our group has lost a friend. Manuel Azevedo passed away suddenly on July 16th, at the age of 41, while on vacation with his family. We know Manuel as a fellow nixie enthusiast and the creator of the NWTS - NTP sync over Wi-Fi stand alone device.

Manuel was a talented engineer in the networking field, a fellow nixie enthusiast and friend to a number of us that will be missed by those that had worked and shared with him in this and other forums. He leaves behind a wife and family.

This information was supplied by a friend of Manuel's family.

Nicholas Stock

Aug 12, 2018, 8:15:43 PM8/12/18
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Rest In Peace Manuel....too young my friend, too young.

Nick

Sent from my iPhone

http://www.azevedo-devices.com/

<Auto Generated Inline Image 2>

<Auto Generated Inline Image 1>
<Auto Generated Inline Image 2>

Dylan Distasio

Aug 12, 2018, 8:19:45 PM8/12/18
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Sorry to hear of this sad news!

Paul Andrews

Aug 12, 2018, 9:19:52 PM8/12/18
to neonixie-l
Shocking news.

gregebert

Aug 12, 2018, 10:17:44 PM8/12/18
to neonixie-l
I traded a few messages with Manuel over the past 2 years, and when you see news of his passing you realize what a close-knit community we have on neonixie. After the shock is over I hope we find out more about how and why he is no longer with us and his family.

Nick

Aug 13, 2018, 7:53:13 AM8/13/18
to neonixie-l
This is sad news indeed, and at such a young age too...

Our thoughts are with his family and friends - terrible news.

Nick

M.J.Sangster

Aug 13, 2018, 9:15:10 AM8/13/18
to neonixie-l
He will be missed!

- Michael Sangster

Ian Vine

Aug 13, 2018, 10:40:56 AM8/13/18
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Very sad news.

Jens Boos

Aug 14, 2018, 3:37:50 AM8/14/18
to neoni...@googlegroups.com

My condolences to his family and friends.

'Ian Vine' via neonixie-l <neoni...@googlegroups.com> hat am 13. August 2018 um 16:40 geschrieben:

Terry S

Aug 14, 2018, 9:27:01 AM8/14/18
to neonixie-l
Very sad, my condolences to his family.

As I recall, we also lost Jeff Thomas while he was on vacation a few years back. Perhaps nixie-ites should avoid vacations...

Terry

SWISSNIXIE - Jonathan F.

Aug 14, 2018, 11:56:28 AM8/14/18
to neonixie-l
Very shocking news! :(

Robert L

Aug 16, 2018, 3:21:55 PM8/16/18
to neonixie-l
Manel and I had been working on a project together for many months. In the close to two years I knew him I'd come to know him as a very talented and engaging engineer, but more than that a genuinely fine individual and a good friend. Shared values, shared views of the world... Conversations about food, shared music, travel, family, ...

Copied from his last e-mail to me:

     Dolce fare niente, as the Italians say. Tomorrow we’ll start exploring the islands.

     Manuel Azevedo

Farewell my friend. You are missed.

Again, my sincere condolences to his family.
Bob

MichaelB

Aug 31, 2018, 5:33:09 PM8/31/18
to neonixie-l
Oh my God, what a shock! He was a wonderful man, always willing to help and extremely talented. He'll be missed