More nixies for sale..

Nicholas Stock

Jul 17, 2022, 9:31:37 PM7/17/22
to 'Greg P' via neonixie-l
Having a clear out (as you can probably tell..).

I had planned on making a display out of these, but too many projects and too little time and all that..

These look to be either B4998s or something similar in custom display brackets with D-type connectors in two styles. 8 of one kind with a neon bulb in each below the tube and 6 of the other kind. All the tubes have gas, but that's about as much testing as I've done.

PM if interested.

Cheers,

Nick

IMG_3241.JPGIMG_3240.JPG

jb-electronics

Jul 17, 2022, 11:01:25 PM7/17/22
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Don't think these are 4998's, but perhaps 6884A?

Jens

bogdan paduraru

Jul 18, 2022, 2:30:59 AM7/18/22
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
For sure they are small like 4998 .. you could check the screw holes .. imagine those if the tubes are 6884A as you mentioned

Nicholas Stock

Jul 18, 2022, 10:31:46 AM7/18/22
to 'Greg P' via neonixie-l
They're probably 4021's, they look very similar to the one's in Jeff Thomas' original nixie watch....I should have included a reference for size on the post...the tubes are about 10 mm across.

David Forbes

Jul 18, 2022, 10:34:56 AM7/18/22
to NeoNixie
Those are likely to be 7977 or B4032 tubes. Jeff Thomas used them in his first Nixie watches 20 years ago.

Nicholas Stock

Jul 18, 2022, 10:39:23 AM7/18/22
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Good point David.

Sent from my iPhone

jb-electronics

Jul 18, 2022, 11:16:41 AM7/18/22
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Oops, you are right about the screw holes of course---I was just thrown off by the fact that the 4988's are rectangular. Could also be 7009's.

David Forbes

Jul 18, 2022, 12:11:14 PM7/18/22
to NeoNixie
Here's a lengthy neonixie thread from 2003 discussing these small tubes. It features most of the usual suspects.
Alan Franzman gives a complete list of the different tube numbers in that style.
The Jim that you see in this thread built a Jeff Thomas Nixie watch, but he was young and inexperienced, and botched the build. I offered to repair it, but the board was too damaged to salvage.

On Sun, Jul 17, 2022, 6:31 PM Nicholas Stock <nick...@gmail.com> wrote:

Nicholas Stock

Jul 18, 2022, 12:15:28 PM7/18/22
to 'Greg P' via neonixie-l
That's an entertaining little time capsule. I have some examples of a variety of those tubes...I'll dig up the numbers.

Nicholas Stock

Jul 18, 2022, 7:41:19 PM7/18/22
to 'Greg P' via neonixie-l
The definitive answer...I took one of the units apart (hardly a mechanical feat...two screws!). The nixies are B4021-L type. So looks like I guessed right (the second time...).

Cheers,

Nick

IMG_3242.JPG