Symbols..

Nicholas Stock

Feb 16, 2023, 2:17:07 PM2/16/23
to NeoNixie List

Not my listing of course, but interesting looking for the collectors here!

Cheers,

Nick

bogdan paduraru

Feb 16, 2023, 2:48:46 PM2/16/23
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
very nice ones

Audrey

Feb 16, 2023, 2:55:33 PM2/16/23
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Oh no you guys found it haha, I'm really curious what the IN-7 type ones are, one looks like a fine-grid/prototype IN-7, the other one I've not seen before, - + ×

Dekatron42

Feb 16, 2023, 3:25:05 PM2/16/23
to neonixie-l
These look very much like Chinese types I've seen, I guess the Russians and Chinese were working together on these or traded them.

There are also two dots in the sign tube which makes it possible to show division too as one dot above and one below the minus sign like: ÷.

Lately I saw a kind of game with the tube where you were supposed to enter the right number after game had presented numbers and signs in a row - I think it was a Russian game. It worked like the game presenting a few numbers with a combination of plus/minus/multiplication/division between these numbers and then there was an equal sign and a means for the player to enter the answer - 4/2+5*3 = ?? (17).

/Martin

Mac Doktor

Feb 16, 2023, 3:35:09 PM2/16/23
to neonixie-l
On Feb 16, 2023, at 2:55 PM, Audrey <tntm...@gmail.com> wrote:

 the other one I've not seen before, - + ×

Probably Chinese QS53.

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"

“...the book said something astonishing, a very big thought. The stars, it said, were suns but very far away. The Sun was a star but close up.”—Carl Sagan, "The Backbone Of Night", Cosmos, 1980

LP Richardson

Feb 28, 2023, 4:29:47 AM2/28/23
to neonixie-l
Hello everybody.
There are three types of lamps in the photo.
1. Prototype of two types of IN-15.
2. Very early type IN-7 with a fine mesh, year of production 68-71.
3. Prototype IN-7 that did not receive mass production.
Release, quantity is unknown. As a rule, 10-100 pieces were a trial release of such lamps.
These lamps are not Russian or Chinese, they were made in Ukraine at the Gazotron plant, Rivne.
The information is completely reliable.
Best regards.

четверг, 16 февраля 2023 г. в 22:35:09 UTC+2, Mac Doktor:

Audrey

Feb 28, 2023, 4:44:54 AM2/28/23
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
I appreciate the advice, are you 100% sure that the dual-column tubes are early versions of IN-15 and not just a separate tube that never entered production?
By the way I would not be surprised if this tube exceeded 100pcs production quantity, including this listing I've seen about 8-10pcs crop up online.

LP Richardson

Feb 28, 2023, 4:55:51 AM2/28/23
to neonixie-l
I have 100% information that this is an early type of paired two IN-15s. It was not mass-produced and did not go into series. Although this particular type of lamp was produced more than several hundred pieces.
All the others that I described are test lamps.
You can safely rely on this information.

вторник, 28 февраля 2023 г. в 11:44:54 UTC+2, Audrey:

Audrey

Feb 28, 2023, 5:05:03 AM2/28/23
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
I believe you. Just out of pure curiosity, how do you know?

LP Richardson

Feb 28, 2023, 5:11:22 AM2/28/23
to neonixie-l
I had something to do with the production of neon lamps at the Gasotron plant.

вторник, 28 февраля 2023 г. в 12:05:03 UTC+2, Audrey:

Audrey

Feb 28, 2023, 5:16:28 AM2/28/23
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Wow, very interesting! :)