A-106 Dekatron question

Thomas Kummer

Mar 24, 2019, 2:17:05 PM3/24/19
to neonixie-l
I was wanting to make Threeneurons all tube variable speed Dekatron Spinner with the A-106 Russian Dekatron. However, looking over the schematic I see that it requires a Dekatron with two guides. Looking at Dieter’s Dekatron database I see that he has the A-106 listed as a bi-directional tube with two guides. I know that the A-106 Dekatron is a uni-directional tube due to the bent cathodes, but does it have one guide or two? I found a datasheet for it, but I don’t know any Russian, and when I tried to use google translate the only thing I got was anode, cathode, and not connected. I’ll attach the datasheet and the schematic.
985E9F5D-7C03-4BE8-941B-E862935EAC4F.gif
A106.pdf

Jon

Mar 24, 2019, 2:56:29 PM3/24/19
to neonixie-l

Hi Thomas,

A106 is indeed a single guide, unidirectional tube. Pin 5 is the guide electrode (usually called the transfer electrode on single guide tubes). Like the OG8, but a selector rather than counter format.

Jon.