Aerolux is a newer collecting hobby for me.

Bill Notfaded

Sep 6, 2019, 1:40:01 PM9/6/19
to neonixie-l

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

a4.jpg

This is my first one with an original base.

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

The bulldog is kinda cool!

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

I got the original box with this one

c-4.jpg

c-3.jpg

d1.jpg

e1.jpg

That's it so far but I think these are really neat.  I think I'm going build a base that can hold them all possibly.

I still don't have any purple ones yet.

Looking for more cool Aerolux.

Bill

Dekatron42

Sep 6, 2019, 3:21:05 PM9/6/19
to neonixie-l
Nice!

I have been collecting a few of those and also found a few nice Russian ones like this Gagarin Rocket bulb: https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-1970s-VTG-Soviet-Russian-Bulb-Lamp-souvenir-SPACE-SPUTNIK-Monument-Rocket/263791229131?hash=item3d6b2eb8cb:g:Y6wAAOSwL~hbOb~S and others.

I've long had an idea of making a Nixie clock that would use the Zodiac type of Aerolux bulbs so that it could light up the corresponding Zodiac bulb according to the date, but as with most projects I loose interest when I have collected all parts.... maybe someone else will beat me to putting one together.....

/Martin

gregebert

Sep 6, 2019, 4:09:22 PM9/6/19
to neonixie-l
I found a store in Astoria, Oregon selling these for 50 cents each, or 3 for a dollar. Some have phosphor to add color (palm tree with COCO PALM in green text), another with NO SMOKING.)
A bit of online research found that these have an expected lifetime of 500 hours, which is just over 1 month. On that basis I bought only a few, though I should run a lifetime test to see what happens.

Bill Notfaded

Sep 6, 2019, 4:25:15 PM9/6/19
to neonixie-l
Yes there are many Aerolux style tubes but there aren't many originals.  They haven't made them in a long time and they are older than I am.

Bill

Bill Notfaded

Sep 6, 2019, 4:26:56 PM9/6/19
to neonixie-l
Wow that's a neat one Martin... it looks like it's original old from the era too.  It's interesting how they did the white on half the bulb that way!

Bill

Dekatron42

Sep 6, 2019, 4:37:44 PM9/6/19
to neonixie-l
Some of the Russian ones are commemorate bulbs for the 50 year anniversary (don't know if this one is one of these or not).

/Martin