Nixie Tube Modem Test Set

Mac Doktor

Apr 23, 2023, 12:28:22 PM4/23/23
to neonixie-l
Man, these are some tiny Nixie tubes:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/234984502416

How many are in there? It looks like three (with zero being a possibility). The unit is pretty wide and it's hard to picture the scale.

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"

“...the book said something astonishing, a very big thought. The stars, it said, were suns but very far away. The Sun was a star but close up.”—Carl Sagan, "The Backbone Of Night", Cosmos, 1980

Dekatron42

Apr 23, 2023, 1:45:44 PM4/23/23
to neonixie-l
To me it looks like there are three B54XX-something Burroughs Nixies from the looks of the sockets.

/Martin

Mac Doktor

Apr 23, 2023, 1:48:35 PM4/23/23
to neonixie-l

On Apr 23, 2023, at 1:45 PM, Dekatron42 <martin....@gmail.com> wrote:

To me it looks like there are three B54XX-something Burroughs Nixies from the looks of the sockets.

I looked at the photos and never spotted the tubes! This thing is big on the inside.

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"

"If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes."—Roy Batty, Blade Runner

Audrey

Apr 23, 2023, 3:38:57 PM4/23/23
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
I think they're zm1000

Dekatron42

Apr 24, 2023, 1:00:23 PM4/24/23
to neonixie-l
I really do think it is a Burroughs B54-something.

If you take a careful look at the last photo you can see the black socket

B-Socket-SK182.jpg

And compare it to this photo from Dieters webpage (rotated 180 degrees)

B-Socket-SK182-Dieter.jpg

so I think it is a Burroughs socket and a Burroughs B54-something Nixie.

Even the top mica sheet is cut the same way as the Burroughs types.

/Martin

Audrey

Apr 24, 2023, 1:42:07 PM4/24/23
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
I see it now, I thought that B was some other symbol