Electroluminescent displays on Ebay

gregebert

Nov 3, 2017, 1:21:04 AM11/3/17
to neonixie-l
Has anyone out there built a clock or other device with Soviet-era electroluminescent displays ? I just bought 4 more (now I have 8), so I will be designing and building a clock a year from now (busy with another project right now). As far as I know, they have a very short lifespan of a few hundred hours, so this will be a show-and-tell item and not an always-on clock.

These are still available

I've asked the seller if he can obtain more of these, because I'm sure that once I've finished the PC board, others in the group will want my extras .