So do you guys think I'll be getting this watch I just bought off ebay???

Bill Notfaded

Aug 16, 2019, 12:06:52 AM8/16/19
to neonixie-l
https://www.ebay.com/itm/143357350132

I hope it's for real but it's offly hard to believe... I paid with paypal already.  It's most likely too good to be true:

Sold by zhch-12 ( 7 )
Order number: 12-03745-79765
Processed by PayPal
Estimated delivery Tuesday, Aug 27, 2019 - Tuesday, Sep 10, 2019
nixie tube wrist watch wireless 46*16mm SAPPHIRE AL 24mm carbon fibre
nixie tube wrist watch wireless 46*16mm SAPPHIRE AL 24mm carbon fibre
Item price $1.00
Quantity 1
Item number 143357350132
Shipping service USPS Parcel Select Ground

Bill

Bill Notfaded

Aug 16, 2019, 12:07:43 AM8/16/19
to neonixie-l
I gave it a shot anyhow... mostly likely an ebay noob that doesn't know what he's doing.

Michail Wilson

Aug 16, 2019, 1:57:58 AM8/16/19
to neoni...@googlegroups.com

Heh.   Nope, you’ll never see it for that price.   Might get your money back though.

Michail Wilson

206-920-6312

Bill Notfaded

Aug 16, 2019, 2:08:04 AM8/16/19
to neonixie-l
Got this from the guy:

New message from: zhch-12 (7)
hi,so sorry ,one thing to note is that because of ebay's restrictions on new sellers, the maximum price of the articles published can only be $200, This month's quota is running out.and the real price is $399.

What the heck does that mean? Well this guy started out on the wrong foot for sure. I almost feel sorry for him.

Bill

johnk

Aug 16, 2019, 2:45:58 AM8/16/19
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
It means that he wanted to list "quite a few" items and had to use low starting prices. I guess the one in question didn't get bidded-up. The aggregate list value meant that he chose to risk not starting high.

Or am I missing a point here?

John k

Aug 16, 2019, 10:06:53 AM8/16/19
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Naaa, it means he screwed up. He only had the one item listed.

It means, he wants $399 plus shipping for it. Not $1.

So, you can agree to pay $399 or cancel the winning bid.

Michail Wilson
206-920-6312
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/neonixie-l/004c01d553fe%243f460650%24bdd212f0%24%40internode.on.net.

Bill Notfaded

Aug 16, 2019, 5:13:40 PM8/16/19
to neonixie-l
Luckily he refunded my money... I really should give him bad feedback but he sounds like a noob.

Bill

johnk

Aug 17, 2019, 4:38:01 AM8/17/19
to neoni...@googlegroups.com

What did he think would happen if he didn’t use a high starting price?

Can’t have his cake and eat it too!

I guess he doesn’t know what an auction is either  L(

John K.

Terry S

Luckily he refunded my money... I really should give him bad feedback but he sounds like a noob.

Bill

johnk

Aug 18, 2019, 6:39:54 AM8/18/19
to neoni...@googlegroups.com

Crikey !!

[I am flabbergasted]

John K

Luckily he refunded my money... I really should give him bad feedback but he sounds like a noob.

Bill

Bill Notfaded

Aug 18, 2019, 8:06:32 PM8/18/19
to neonixie-l
That what I did I bought it... Of course the guy was an idiot.

Bill

TIME ETCETERA

Sep 24, 2019, 1:24:28 PM9/24/19
to neonixie-l
Nixie Watches like that can be bought on this website new and at a lower price.