Used Z5660M for $175?

Mac Doktor

Aug 25, 2022, 2:58:25 PM8/25/22
to neonixie-l
I'm out of the loop when it comes to expensive tubes like this:

Seems a bit steep to me. I'm guessing it's the manufacturer but I really don't know and I'm here to learn. 8D

NOS for only $135:

You tell me. Meanwhile, I've gotten some surprising bargains recently. Crazy world.

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"

https://www.astarcloseup.com

"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact."—Carl Sagan, Psychology Today, 1996

Nicholas Stock

Aug 25, 2022, 3:01:08 PM8/25/22
to 'Greg P' via neonixie-l
That's out of market range. You'll find used Z566Ms for $65 to $75 and sometimes NOS ones for that price.

bogdan paduraru

Aug 25, 2022, 4:05:44 PM8/25/22
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Crazy  prices ..

So these are real bargains or not? I don't see much information about these on the internet

Audrey

Aug 25, 2022, 4:15:05 PM8/25/22
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Probably since there's none in ebay re: zm1550

Mac Doktor

Aug 25, 2022, 4:27:16 PM8/25/22
to neonixie-l

On Aug 25, 2022, at 3:00 PM, Nicholas Stock <nick...@gmail.com> wrote:

That's out of market range. You'll find used Z566Ms for $65 to $75 and sometimes NOS ones for that price.

I bought two back in May for $54 apiece. NOS and immaculate contrast coating. Not a scratch.

The seller still has one left for $57:

Nicholas Stock

Aug 25, 2022, 8:17:32 PM8/25/22
to 'Greg P' via neonixie-l
Or..

Looks like they have plenty. I have a lot of experience using these tubes and they appear to last a very long time...one clock I've had running (admittedly on a PIR) for well over 7 years now and the tubes still look like new. However, I've also had a few used tubes that have shown poisoning and I've never managed to regenerate them..... shame these tubes are so expensive now, they have very nice digit proportions.