Neon supplies...

Nick

Mar 13, 2022, 2:48:05 PM3/13/22
to neonixie-l

Petro Vodopyan

Mar 13, 2022, 3:02:12 PM3/13/22
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
And one of the plants is located in Mariupol which is currently bombarder by russian aviation. I ordered noble gases from them few month ago. And I doubt they will produce gases anytime soon.

Kind regards,
Petro Vodopyan

Audrey

Mar 13, 2022, 3:05:22 PM3/13/22
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
I saw a video about that! I hope that doesnt affect any nixie businesses ;)

Petro Vodopyan

Mar 13, 2022, 3:06:19 PM3/13/22
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Well, it already does.

Petro Vodopyan

Mar 13, 2022, 4:09:29 PM3/13/22
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
I know politics is not welcome here. Admins, please delete the message if you consider it inappropriate.

But since you mentioned that it hopefully does not affect Nixie hobbyists and business anyhow I have to say that the war that russia has started against my country already forced me to stop my day job I’ve been running at my Nixieshop.com. I had to close my workshop with all the equipment and resources I accumulated for nearly a decade and leave my home city of Dnipro to evacuate my family to a safe place. You don’t have much time to package everything when cruise missiles hit your city in the morning.

I’m pretty sure that guys from Millclock.com are also in danger, as they are located in the city of  Zaporizhzhia which is even closer to the war zone (and less than 100km away from Enerhodar nuclear plant which is already occupied by russia).

So that’s is not something that happens with a people you never heard about. This is already in the life of neonixie-l members unfortunately.

Petro

IMG_7661.jpg

Bill Notfaded

Mar 13, 2022, 7:00:21 PM3/13/22
to neonixie-l
It's really sad this the state of things.  I don't think anyone here thinks this is a great idea what's been going on.  Not only am I really feeling the pain of Ukraine right now but I also have to think many Russians don't want this either.  I can only hope and pray that this can be resolved somehow.  I don't see how this helps anyone.  How we couldn't avoid this with some leadership is beyond me.  We have more in common than not.

Praying for everyone,

Bill

Ian Vine

Mar 14, 2022, 2:43:17 AM3/14/22
to neoni...@googlegroups.com

dixter

Mar 14, 2022, 9:21:24 AM3/14/22
to neonixie-l
We are all sorry for what is going on in Ukraine .....  I hope the world leaders pull their heads out and begin to take care of this situation as fast as they can....  best of luck to every one involved...

Neil QQ

Mar 14, 2022, 10:40:55 AM3/14/22
to neonixie-l
Well said Bill.

Petro, what can I do to help you?  I am but one person but have resources to spare compared to your (and the Ukrainian people's) situation.

A few months back I purchased 1N-3B neon lamps via eBay (U.S) from a Ukrainian source.  This week, I tried to place another order just to throw a bit of cash to the seller.  I don't care about receiving the lamps.  Sadly, the posting is no longer.

neonixie-l

Mar 15, 2022, 6:09:49 AM3/15/22
to neonixie-l
Hi Petro,

As the group owner & a moderator, I have no problem with this sort of discussion and where it impacts our members. FWIW, I spoke to Millclock last week - all but one member of staff are in the Civil Defence now - I hope that they stay safe.

Although the UK has been a bit slow off the mark, when the UK government site for hosting Ukrainian refugee families opened yesterday, 45,000 UK families signed up as hosts in the first 4 hours alone (including us - we have lots of space and can take multiple families) - the site crashed through overload initially. That figure will go into the 100s of 1000s in the next few days. There is no limit on the number of Ukrainian refugees the UK will accept. That said, Poland especially, and Moldova have taken the brunt initially as they are on the borders.

The update is appreciated - let us know if we can help in any way, however small.

We really hope that things work out for you & your family - our thoughts are with you.

Nick

Nicholas Stock

Mar 15, 2022, 10:42:37 AM3/15/22
to 'Greg P' via neonixie-l
Well said Nick.

(Pharma) Nick (mod)

peter bunge

Mar 16, 2022, 10:40:50 AM3/16/22
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Russia has no sympathy from Canadians but I don't think it is the average Russian. It is Putin and his thugs.
I hope you get through this safely.
Peter from Canada.

Bartek Ogryz

Mar 18, 2022, 4:36:46 PM3/18/22
to neonixie-l
Hi Petro, and everybody!
Polish doors are open to all who need a shelter, but we (and Moldova especially !) need some international help to relocate migrants in EU. We have 2 000 000 refugees (much smaller Moldova has 340 000 - respect for them, they are awesome!) in our country, it's 5% of our popullation. We expect another 2-3 milion people if russian invasion will progress. It's getting tight in here, but we won't leave anybody who needs help!
Petro, I don't know if I'll be able to help in any way, but ask if you need any information that can help with evacuation of your family.

Bartek.