Australian Nixies!!

Roddy Scott

Jul 20, 2016, 3:20:56 AM7/20/16
to neonixie-l
I have just managed to secure 6 x ZM1232 nixies from Fleabay and I think that I will make a clock called 'Australia' from them!

I have never seen this type before but there must have been a few different types of nixies that were made this way.
Australian Nixie.jpg

threeneurons

Jul 20, 2016, 8:33:47 PM7/20/16
to neonixie-l
Oh ... as in, "down under".

Don't have any of the Philips tubes, like yours, but made a clock with similar National tubes:

Roddy Scott

Jul 21, 2016, 4:46:06 AM7/21/16
to neonixie-l
I like that design, very simple but elegant.

Wood shows off Nixies so well, add some brass and it is a winning combination.

The clock I am building just now features your Dekatron Spinner board with an OG-4

threeneurons

Jul 21, 2016, 3:25:48 PM7/21/16
to neonixie-l
I'm currently trying to get my brass working skills up. Just good enough for trim, and few accents.

The guy that has an eye for brass is Paul Parry (http://www.bad-dog-designs.co.uk):

Even with a lot of practice, by the time I'm a quarter as good as him, I'll be dead for 20-years !

A couple of examples of his work:

Go to his site (see above). He's made a lot of clocks !

Paul Parry

Jul 22, 2016, 4:02:47 AM7/22/16
to neonixie-l
Hi Mike, many thanks for the plug!

Do need to make a correction though - the clock on the left was made by Roddy and is in the Gallery, along with many clocks people have sent in http://www.bad-dog-designs.co.uk/submitted.html have a look through, there are some amazing creations in there - lots from many members of this group!

The clock on the right is one of mine though :)

Keith Moore

Jul 25, 2016, 12:59:21 PM7/25/16
to neonixie-l
So nice!!! I love his stuff (and yours, too!)
- Keith

threeneurons

Aug 1, 2016, 8:26:33 PM8/1/16
to neonixie-l
My apologies to Roddy. From the looks of that gallery, everybody, and their mom, has better brass skills than I do !

Instrument Resources of America

Aug 1, 2016, 11:48:47 PM8/1/16
to neoni...@googlegroups.com

The talent on this site never fails to astound me. What absolute works of art.  Ira.

IRACOSALES.vcf