More High Prices

Mac Doktor

Apr 10, 2024, 1:33:52 PMApr 10
to neonixie-l
https://www.ebay.com/itm/335341009588

Is it just me or is $140 pretty steep for a common (and untested) EM84 magic eye tube?

The whole thing strikes me as weird. The description is...creative. He has 16,528 items and most of them are the same price regardless of what they are. Something just doesn't add up.

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"

https://www.astarcloseup.com

Detective Gregory: “Is there any other point to which you would wish to draw my attention?”
Sherlock Holmes: “To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time.”
Gregory: “The dog did nothing in the night-time.”
Holmes: “That was the curious incident.” — "Silver Blaze", Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

gregebert

Apr 10, 2024, 1:44:19 PMApr 10
to neonixie-l
Well, if people pay $50,000 for a digital image (fancifully called an NFT) from Bored Ape Yacht Club, I suppose anything is possible.

At least with the tube you actually get something tangible.

Nick Andrews

Apr 11, 2024, 3:58:01 PMApr 11
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
I'm seeing it at $38.62 which still seems high to me for one...

Mac Doktor

Apr 11, 2024, 5:02:22 PMApr 11
to neonixie-l
On Apr 11, 2024, at 3:57 PM, Nick Andrews <nickja...@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm seeing it at $38.62 which still seems high to me for one...

The shipping from France is $43.47. Way overpriced.

Magic Eyes are surprisingly expensive. 6E5s are common as dirt yet they seem to be semi-rare collectors' items:

I especially like the used ones with 75% brightness. As if that's going to last a long time. And the EM334 is NOT a substitute despite what it says in many of the descriptions. Nor is the Soviet 6E5S.

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"

https://www.astarcloseup.com

"Would you like to see the relevant data?"—343 Guilty Spark, Halo 2