Victorian Tantalus Clock

Roddy Scott

Nov 25, 2018, 2:42:59 PM11/25/18
to neonixie-l
It has been a while since I posted anything here so I will remedy it with one of the clocks I have made recently.

I wanted to design a clock that was Victorian looking in style and as the Victorians had a penchant for putting things under glass domes why not put some Nixies under glass domes?

The clock uses a PV Spectrum 1040 board with everything remotely mounted including the tubes as I wanted them central on the base part. A few hand made bits of brass and a lick of paint then it all distressed to give it some age.

Tantalus 62a.jpg

Caught in mid change for the seconds digit

Tantalus 63a.jpg

The control plate with an added power on LED

Tantalus 64a.jpg

The Frankenstein switch that controls the RGBs

Tantalus 52a.jpg

'DINKing' a Spectrum board to get what I wanted

Ian Vine

Joe Croft

Nov 27, 2018, 12:50:42 PM11/27/18
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Very nice clock! It would be real cool this you set the time using the clock keys on top of the domes. I know, I am always asking for the impossible, or at least very hard. The clock is quite pretty and very cool :)

-joe

William RUTLAND

Nov 27, 2018, 2:56:43 PM11/27/18
to neoni...@googlegroups.com