ITT 58GF-ST Nixies on eBay

Mac Doktor

May 2, 2021, 3:38:14 PM5/2/21
to neonixie-l
Did anyone win this one?:

I can't find information about this tube anywhere. In Photoshop I can make out cathodes for "1/2" and possibly "5". There appears to be four altogether. Perhaps the last one is an anode.

 I dropped out at €62.99. Of course I was going to keep one of them and offer the rest to the group.

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"

“...the book said something astonishing, a very big thought. The stars, it said, were suns but very far away. The Sun was a star but close up.”—Carl Sagan, "The Backbone Of Night", Cosmos, 1980

jb-electronics

May 2, 2021, 4:06:19 PM5/2/21
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
I have a few of them, they display 0 and 1/2 as I recall. They show up rather frequently on Ebay, so I would not bid as high because chances are there will be more for sale.

Best wishes
Jens

Mac Doktor

May 2, 2021, 4:59:19 PM5/2/21
to neonixie-l
I forgot to ask what part number you have. I can't find one in your collection.

On May 2, 2021, at 4:06 PM, jb-electronics <webm...@jb-electronics.de> wrote:

I have a few of them, they display 0 and 1/2 as I recall. They show up rather frequently on Ebay, so I would not bid as high because chances are there will be more for sale

jb-electronics

May 2, 2021, 7:36:26 PM5/2/21
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
I was referring to the 58GF-ST that this thread was about. I am afraid my collection website is not very much up to date, I don't have as much time anymore... I have many nice tubes that are waiting to be photographed, like the VX9110 ETL lab sample, or a B-7011 lab sample variant as well.

Jens

Mac Doktor

May 2, 2021, 7:57:12 PM5/2/21
to neonixie-l
On May 2, 2021, at 7:36 PM, jb-electronics <webm...@jb-electronics.de> wrote:

I was referring to the 58GF-ST that this thread was about.

I was thinking in terms of variants, related tubes with really odd symbols. I find weird nixies to be the most interesting. I love the one in your collection has reciprocals of powers of two.

I am afraid my collection website is not very much up to date, I don't have as much time anymore... I have many nice tubes that are waiting to be photographed, like the VX9110 ETL lab sample, or a B-7011 lab sample variant as well.

That's the story of my blog. If only there was a place where I could leave my tripod and lights set up all of the time.  8/

Dekatron42

May 3, 2021, 12:47:43 AM5/3/21
to neonixie-l
On Monday, 3 May 2021 at 01:36:26 UTC+2 Jens Boos wrote:
 I have many nice tubes that are waiting to be photographed, like the VX9110 ETL lab sample, or a B-7011 lab sample variant as well.

Jens

You must have your priorities wrong then! ;) ;) ;)  You must have had that ETL sample for ages by now, correct?

Please try to find some time to photograph them and put them on your site.

/Martin

jb-electronics

May 3, 2021, 6:06:37 PM5/3/21
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
I actually have had the ETL sample for around two years now, I think. Hopefully I will have some time during the summer.

Best wishes
Jens

Dekatron42

May 4, 2021, 4:53:02 AM5/4/21
to neonixie-l
Ahh, I mixed you up with another member here who has had them for far longer, you only commented in this thread: https://groups.io/g/neonixie-l/topic/prototype_multisegment_tubes/1048709?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,0,60,1048709 .

It would be really nice to see them glow!

/Martin