Electron Diffraction CRT

Grahame

Apr 11, 2018, 7:34:35 AM4/11/18
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Here's an odd beauty

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cathode-Ray-Tube-Electron-Diffraction-Tube/132570918496?hash=item1eddd7ae60:g:0TsAAOSwCBFavOGv

I appears to be a demonstration of electron diffraction behaviour. If
you look inside the tube you can see a target in line with the electron
gun. From physics lessons at school I remember a much simpler CRT
assembly. This appears to have deflection plates, PDA and a flat screen.
So it appears to be a much more sophisticated piece of kit than a simple
school demonstration for a bunch of bored teenagers.

I post it here to see if anyone can offer any commentary or
enlightenment on why the precision? Or is the tube something completely
different?

cheers Grahame

John Rehwinkel

Apr 13, 2018, 10:23:18 AM4/13/18
to 'Grahame' via neonixie-l
Thanks for the heads up! I won it for the £9 starting bid (plus £38 shipping...)!

- John