Ultronic Brokerage Display >>Controller<< on eBay

Robert L

Apr 11, 2019, 10:01:25 PM4/11/19
to neonixie-l
Hi folks,

I thought this would be interesting to others... a controller for the Ultronic stock display:

Kevin A.

Apr 11, 2019, 10:40:33 PM4/11/19
to neonixie-l
That's an interesting one. Too bad it doesnt come with tubes ;)

lectrascan-front.jpg

Bill Notfaded

Apr 12, 2019, 9:53:43 AM4/12/19
to neonixie-l
I like how it says... no shipping for pickup only heavy lol!  Yeah this would be basically useless to anyone and the person thinks it's worth 600$  ???  Who thinks this will ever be hooked up to 48 B-7971's again?

SWISSNIXIE - Jonathan F.

Apr 12, 2019, 1:12:27 PM4/12/19
to neonixie-l
By lookig at it, i'm in doubt that this is actually the controller. It looks more like a power-supply with a few extra things. For a controller it doesn't show any bulk amount of ic's or transistors. I remind seeing an image of a lectra-scan (7971 tube stock ticker display) that was controlled by a large, desk-type control panel, but sadly i don't find the picture..

gregebert

Apr 12, 2019, 1:41:04 PM4/12/19
to neonixie-l
Saw incandescent stock tickers in-action during a brokerage visit in my 3rd grade class. It ran so hot that they had noisy fans sucking-in the air around the bulbs so it wouldn't overheat the office. That was 50 years ago.....I vaguely recall a much smaller panel of nixie displays, but they were utterly dwarfed and outshined by the incandescent displays.