Speaking of Panaplex!

martin martin

Sep 30, 2022, 9:02:16 AM9/30/22
to neonixie-l
I built this somewhere in the 80s. Still works great (after new disc caps). I even have the original manual.

For sale if someone's interested- time to make room for CRT clock!
Heathkit.jpg

Richard Scales

Sep 30, 2022, 10:43:00 AM9/30/22
to neonixie-l
Very nice - love a Heathkit Panaplex clock.

What CRT clock are you looking at or are you cooking up one yourself?

I built a Scope Clock Due : http://www.sgitheach.org.uk/scope3.html  - a spectacular scope clock - very pleased.

- Richard

martin martin

Sep 30, 2022, 5:38:10 PM9/30/22
to neonixie-l
Was thinking of going to the CRT clock from Cathode Corner

Max Di Noi

Oct 1, 2022, 2:20:28 AM10/1/22
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
I have a ScopeClock Duo from Sgitheach. See attached, very pleased with it. Plus Graham is a pleasure to deal with. Open software/open hardware. One of my favourite features is the PIR sensor with soft start, which reduces the current to the heater when it's still cold, extending its life. Very clever.

I'm currently working on a solar nixie watch. As soon as I'm done, I'll try to work out the maths for the custom transformer of the ScopeClock by Cathode Corner. I like how that clock has a relatively compact design. I'll make only one or two clocks.
20220530_001126_resized.jpg

Richard Scales

Oct 1, 2022, 4:55:39 AM10/1/22
to neonixie-l
I love my Due, Graham and Nick as you say - super helpful, supportive and knowledgeable, looking forward very much to seeing what comes out from them next.
 - Richard