Improper Storage

Mac Doktor

Mar 29, 2024, 12:57:43 PMMar 29
to neonixie-l
Check out the bent pins:

I need to get some boxes for the loose stuff myself. Any suggestions?

I do have the requisite label printer...

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"

https://www.astarcloseup.com

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.”–Philip K. Dick, "I Hope I Shall Arrive Soon"

Dekatron42

Mar 29, 2024, 2:29:49 PMMar 29
to neonixie-l
They sometimes came like that when sold years ago here where I live as they were just delivered in sealed plastic bags with no extra protection on the pins and no box. Other manufacturers just stuck a piece of styrofoam on the pins which fell off during shipping as they weren’t secured properly.

At least the pins looks free from rust.

/Martin

gregebert

Mar 29, 2024, 3:46:20 PMMar 29
to neonixie-l
I store most of my tubes in metal ammo boxes, with plenty of bubble wrap.

IN-18's have the softest pins in my collection