Vintage Large Glow Number Nixie Tube (C7)

Nicholas Stock

Sep 27, 2019, 9:22:21 PM9/27/19
to via neonixie-l
Precedent has been set evidently....a couple more for sale...

Sent from my iPhone

Kevin A.

Sep 27, 2019, 10:03:19 PM9/27/19
to neonixie-l
At least this seller is taking offers. There's another seller trying to pedal 7037s for way more.

MichaelB

Sep 27, 2019, 11:32:37 PM9/27/19
to neonixie-l
And it is not that pretty a tube. In fact, its sorta butt ugly! I have a few, but certainly do not consider them worth that kind kinda coin~

Paul Andrews

Sep 28, 2019, 11:25:43 AM9/28/19
to neonixie-l
Tell me how much you want for them. I love them. I’m just finishing up a clock that uses the 7037 and would like to have some spares.

Paul Andrews

Sep 28, 2019, 11:36:24 AM9/28/19
to neonixie-l
Well those tubes didn’t last long. Come on, who bought them?

alex nolan

Sep 28, 2019, 11:44:46 AM9/28/19
to neonixie-l
Yeah, Michael, I'd be glad to pay what you think they're worth. I particularly like the look of these tubes.

Richard Scales

Sep 28, 2019, 1:12:33 PM9/28/19
to neonixie-l
Dalibor makes a good looking large nixie for less £££/$$$ New New Stock, Tested with 10 years warranty - and I suspect that we shall see more new manufacturers of tubes coming to the market (like the ZIN-18's from Millclock) as interest in Nixies grows. When I joined the FB group Nixie Clocks Fan page - there were about 700 members, now there are 2000+ members.
We have all watched the price of NOS tubes rise steadily as interest has grown. Look at IN-18's and Z566M's for example - I have seen their price rise by around 20% over the last few years. As for B-7971's - I came to that party particularly late but their prices seem to be rocketing even more recently. I have been fortunate to be able to purchase what I need at a price that was ultimately acceptable though to wholly tolerable!
I guess its like most things, a lot of us will may wish that we had got involved earlier on when prices were a lot smaller etc.
Some say that these things go in cycles - I'm not sure how long it will be before we once again see B-7971's for under £10 a pair but I suspect I'll not be in the market for them then :-(

Bill Notfaded

Sep 28, 2019, 4:36:11 PM9/28/19
to neonixie-l
;^}

Bill Notfaded

Sep 28, 2019, 4:38:04 PM9/28/19
to neonixie-l
Just so everyone knows I won't pay 500$+ for any tube. Some of those guys are just crazy they can keep them at that price.