Russians chip K155ID1 SOIC 16L packaged

Dmitry Shevchenko

Apr 9, 2018, 3:20:05 AM4/9/18
to neonixie-l
Hello, my friend.
I'm a Dmitry Shevchenko, former engineer ( rus direct translation - the engineer-technologist of electrovacuum manufacture) of LLC vacuumglow
But the lamps are my non-core specialty.
The main specialization is the design and manufacture of integrated circuits.
And I from the legal entity have made integrated circuits K155ID1 in packing SOIC 16L.
You can read datasheet and buy chip via ebay.

Dekatron42

Apr 10, 2018, 2:44:30 AM4/10/18
to neonixie-l
I have a few questions about these ic’s that I hope you can answer:

Which company is manufacturing these ic’s?

How are they designed internally, using old Russian chip design/process or a new modern design/process?

Is there any warranty on these new ic’s?

Have these ic’s undergone any certifications or tests that show for instance their reliability or other conformance to standards?

/Martin

Tomasz Kowalczyk

Apr 10, 2018, 3:13:38 AM4/10/18
to neonixie-l
Judging from "datasheet" provided, it is really the same die as in old chips. It makes me wonder if these weren't created from leftover dies from old production, just packaged in different housing.
Note that all the bad things about old chips are present here too: breakdown voltage of >60V, high current consumption, high input currents.

chuck richards

Apr 10, 2018, 4:00:43 AM4/10/18
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Seriously? SOIC version of K1551D1?
Why? I really do not see any need for it.

$4.95/mo. National Dialup, Anti-Spam, Anti-Virus, 5mb personal web space. 5x faster dialup for only $9.95/mo. No contracts, No fees, No Kidding! See http://www.All2Easy.net for more details!

Dmitry Shevchenko

Apr 10, 2018, 7:06:26 AM4/10/18
to neonixie-l
I have a few questions about these ic’s that I hope you can answer:
Which company is manufacturing these ic’s?

My company
Details

LLC "R&D Production Center Microbiotechniques"

ITN (Individual Taxpayer Number): 4004019698
IEC (Industrial Enterprises Classifier): 400401001
PSRN (Primary State Registration Number): 1164027060009
OKPO (All-Russian Classifier of Enterprises and Organizations): 03743012

How are they designed internally, using old Russian chip design/process or a new modern design/process?
This is full clone of K155ID1, but in SOIC package.

Is there any warranty on these new ic’s?
I, as a manufacturer, can give a guarantee if I sell to legal entities, and not an individual.

Have these ic’s undergone any certifications or tests that show for instance their reliability or  other conformance to standards?

The chips were assembled in southeast Asia.
Assembly production gave a guarantee on the assembly.
Then the chips were tested at a factory in Russia.

Dekatron42

Apr 10, 2018, 11:32:07 AM4/10/18
to neonixie-l
So the die wafers were produced recently, in last year or this year?

/Martin

Dmitry Shevchenko

Apr 10, 2018, 1:38:38 PM4/10/18
to neonixie-l
4" wafer produced at begin 2017.
Wafer has been diced (scribed) and assembled at December 2017.

понедельник, 9 апреля 2018 г., 10:20:05 UTC+3 пользователь Dmitry Shevchenko написал:
Hello, my friend.

gregebert

Apr 10, 2018, 2:29:25 PM4/10/18
to neonixie-l
Wow! 4-inch wafers. I have not seen one of those since the 1980's.
What process-technology is this on ?

I'd love to hear more about the number of number of masks, and process steps.

chuck richards

Apr 10, 2018, 3:19:58 PM4/10/18
to greg...@hotmail.com, neoni...@googlegroups.com
>While we are at it, I have this question to ask:

Why on earth would a surface mount version of a K1551D1
even be a consideration, much less a real product?
>>--
>>To view this discussion on the web, visit
>https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/neonixie-l/deceb0bf-614a-48dd-895c-
>b075c7cea2bf%40googlegroups.com.

gregebert

Apr 10, 2018, 4:12:44 PM4/10/18
to neonixie-l
I'm speculating that most packaging houses only offer SMT-style packages. They are produced by the billions and have lower material costs than DIP due to smaller size alone. On top of that, leadframes for DIPs are probably in much shorter supply.

chuck richards

Apr 10, 2018, 6:00:27 PM4/10/18
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
yep. cheap. cheap. cheap.

Apr 10, 2018, 6:35:06 PM4/10/18
to neonixie-l
Can you show any photos of the new chip, not only the whole wafer but the also a single chip in good resolution?

What factory made the wafers and the chips and what factory put them in the SOIC capsules?

/Martin

Nick

Apr 11, 2018, 3:01:33 AM4/11/18
to neonixie-l
On Tuesday, 10 April 2018 12:00:43 UTC+4, Chuck wrote:
Seriously?  SOIC version of K1551D1?
Why?  I really do not see any need for it.

Commercially, I doubt that it would make much sense, considering the likely volumes and the alternatives available.

However, it's kind of cute that it's been done - if you wanted to build a traditional clock using TTL and old-school techniques, but wanted to avoid PTH components, you can now do that.

Price is not that bad either.

Nick

Dmitry Shevchenko

Apr 15, 2018, 1:19:48 PM4/15/18
to neonixie-l
The return policy added on ebay listing.
30-day return of chip.

понедельник, 9 апреля 2018 г., 10:20:05 UTC+3 пользователь Dmitry Shevchenko написал:
Hello, my friend.

Dmitry Shevchenko

May 4, 2018, 7:09:22 AM5/4/18
to neonixie-l
48pc sold
2256 available

понедельник, 9 апреля 2018 г., 10:20:05 UTC+3 пользователь Dmitry Shevchenko написал:
Hello, my friend.

Dekatron42

May 5, 2018, 7:33:41 AM5/5/18
to neonixie-l
If I am not wrong someone here on the forum said that they had removed the case from the LM9022 to have a peek at the chip inside (could have been many years ago this was done). I wonder if someone has made the same trick with these new chips?

/Martin

@Dmitry: A photo of the actual chip used would be nice!

Dmitry Shevchenko

May 25, 2018, 12:13:30 PM5/25/18
to neonixie-l
Nixie Clock with the KF155ID1 integrated circuit.
Images posted by Airat N. from radiokot forum

https://www.radiokot.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3210&start=42920

понедельник, 9 апреля 2018 г., 10:20:05 UTC+3 пользователь Dmitry Shevchenko написал:
Hello, my friend.
IMG_20180525_155242.jpg
IMG_20180525_155424.jpg
IMG_20180525_155344.jpg