Nixie Watch Repair

Morton Denison

Feb 11, 2022, 12:13:57 PM2/11/22
to neonixie-l
Hi Folks,

I've got one of the Cathode Corner Round Nixie Watches that's developed a mechanical problem.

The '-' terminal is loose to the point that if I change the battery I'm afraid it'll fall off the circuit board.  From what I can see, it looks like a solder joint has failed.

I've emailed Cathode Corner using both the neonixie-l and the cathodecorner.com email addresses with no reply., requesting repair.

Does anyone on the board here have the expertise on repair?

I'm old, with hand tremors and other health issues so it's beyond my skills.  10 years ago, I'd try it :>)

Thanks,
Mort

Paul Andrews

Feb 14, 2022, 9:51:31 AM2/14/22
to neonixie-l
David Forbes (aka nixiebunny) is on this list. If you can't get him here, try the "nixie clock fan page" on facebook.

Max Di Noi

Feb 14, 2022, 10:02:59 AM2/14/22
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mort,

If David doesn't get back to you, I'm happy to fix it for you for free, plus shipping costs.

I work on my own nixie watches, started from the cathode corner schematic and moved on with my improvements.

Please check out my work.

I'm based in London, UK.

Max

Morton Denison

Feb 17, 2022, 12:22:56 PM2/17/22
to neonixie-l
All good now.  I heard back from David.  Thanks, folks.