Need tubes (not nixies)

Terry S

Mar 4, 2018, 2:48:14 PM3/4/18
to neonixie-l
I'm trying to fill the slots in my drug store tube tester. Through some lucky finds and some gracious donations, I've filled over 200 of the ~400 slots.

Here is my list: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwUiE-766SEkN0otQk9pVGo0TmM

These are mostly otherwise useless TV tubes. Accepting donations. I pay shipping.

Thanks

Terry

Terry S

Mar 4, 2018, 10:19:21 PM3/4/18
to neonixie-l
And I should have stated.... as this is just for display, I'm only looking for tubes in their original numbered boxes, and nothing will be sold.... Empty numbered boxes from the list also welcome.

Tester photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/32165280@N02/albums/72157674341385913

J Forbes

Mar 4, 2018, 11:48:08 PM3/4/18
to neonixie-l
looks like all I have is a 5U4GB in a Motorola box, but it's a used Zenith tube. The empty box would be easier to mail, eh?

Terry S

Mar 5, 2018, 8:43:49 AM3/5/18
to neonixie-l
Yes that would be fine, PM sent with address. Thanks!

Warren Brandt

Mar 9, 2018, 5:09:28 PM3/9/18
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Terry,

Sorry for my late reply, its been a crazy week.  I'll box them up and try to ship them out Monday.

Warren.

Terry S

John Rehwinkel

Mar 13, 2018, 3:27:13 PM3/13/18
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to fill the slots in my drug store tube tester. Through some lucky finds and some gracious donations, I've filled over 200 of the ~400 slots.

Here is my list: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwUiE-766SEkN0otQk9pVGo0TmM

These are mostly otherwise useless TV tubes. Accepting donations. I pay shipping.

I would have replied directly, but I don't see Terry's email address.

I've found a bunch of them so far, don't know which you still need.

One is dual marked 6GX6/6GY6, which show as two different tubes in your list.

There are a few dupes, let me know if you have a brand preference.

Medium and large tubes/boxes:

Small tubes/boxes:

Cheers,
John

Michail Wilson

Mar 13, 2018, 4:39:30 PM3/13/18
to neoni...@googlegroups.com

2AS2A?

Terry S

Mar 13, 2018, 4:55:42 PM3/13/18
to neonixie-l
In almost all cases, the "A" suffix would be a compatible tube. In this case, it looks like it is exactly the same but does not list as a sub.... go figure. I would bet it is.

Terry S

Mar 18, 2018, 4:24:55 PM3/18/18
to neonixie-l

Thanks to some generous contributions by a few members here and another couple groups I frequent, my "needed" list is down to near 50 tube numbers.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iVIMQ8KNmz7R7OM0EG8gRIvhXHG17kur

I'm looking for numbered, branded boxes with or without tubes, I'll pay postage plus a nominal finders' fee for helping me fill out the Seco drugstore tube tester slots. Most of these tubes (AFAICT) are otherwise low value TV specific tubes.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/32165280@N02/albums/72157674341385913

Thanks -- reply here or direct tschw10117 AT aoldotcom

Yuriy Ovchinnikov

Mar 25, 2018, 3:17:03 AM3/25/18
to neonixie-l
Do you need Russian tubes?

Terry S

Mar 25, 2018, 10:20:46 AM3/25/18
to neonixie-l
Thank you Yuriy, but only US tubes from the list.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iVIMQ8KNmz7R7OM0EG8gRIvhXHG17kur

Terry S

Apr 2, 2018, 11:10:13 PM4/2/18
to neonixie-l
Another round of "donations" came in, so here is the remaining tubes-needed list:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DtdgOvIt_xiGNHTznJnN7PcEZr1qMR9Z

Down to about 35 part numbers!

Terry