Numeric Companion Tube for Z567M

Mac Doktor

Apr 10, 2022, 6:55:55 PM4/10/22
to neonixie-l
I have a Z567M symbol tube (+, −, ~) that came with my Useless Nixie Device. What is the numeric tube that it was used with? I'd like to have one to display alongside it. Note that it has the red coating.

Thanks.

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"

“...the book said something astonishing, a very big thought. The stars, it said, were suns but very far away. The Sun was a star but close up.”—Carl Sagan, "The Backbone Of Night", Cosmos, 1980

Nicholas Stock

Apr 10, 2022, 7:18:49 PM4/10/22
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Z566M

Cheers,

Nick

Sent from my iPhone

Mac Doktor

Apr 10, 2022, 8:21:34 PM4/10/22
to neonixie-l

On Apr 10, 2022, at 7:18 PM, Nicholas Stock <nick...@gmail.com> wrote:

Z566M

Thank you. Bonus question: what's a reasonable price range? It needs to at least look new.

Nicholas Stock

Apr 10, 2022, 8:26:31 PM4/10/22
to 'Greg P' via neonixie-l
New ones appear to be anywhere from $55 to $65 a pop at the moment (or thereabouts)....used ones aren't going for much less. The Z5660M is the clear version.

Nicholas Stock

Apr 10, 2022, 8:27:28 PM4/10/22
to 'Greg P' via neonixie-l

Greg P

Apr 10, 2022, 10:03:57 PM4/10/22
to neonixie-l
Best overall tube value in the market today, based on size, digit shape and quality.

Tomasz Kowalczyk

Apr 11, 2022, 12:57:20 PM4/11/22
to neonixie-l
Best tube overall, period. At least for me. Good size, digit surface to total surface ratio, nice tube proportions (Z568M are too bulky in my opinion), curved 6 an 9, thin anode mesh. They also seem to be long life, I have a clock running 24/7 for six years with no sign of wear - and those tubes were previously used for many years in Meratronik equipment. Don't be afraid of buying used Z566M if all the digits work properly at the time of purchase and the red coating isn't damaged.

Mac Doktor

Apr 11, 2022, 1:20:16 PM4/11/22
to neonixie-l

On Apr 11, 2022, at 12:57 PM, Tomasz Kowalczyk <ten....@gmail.com> wrote:

Best tube overall, period. At least for me. Good size, digit surface to total surface ratio, nice tube proportions (Z568M are too bulky in my opinion), curved 6 an 9, thin anode mesh. They also seem to be long life, I have a clock running 24/7 for six years with no sign of wear - and those tubes were previously used for many years in Meratronik equipment. Don't be afraid of buying used Z566M if all the digits work properly at the time of purchase and the red coating isn't damaged.

Excellent. My thanks to everyone for the quick replies.