Gratuitous nixie porn....

Nicholas Stock

Aug 13, 2019, 2:29:56 PM8/13/19
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
PV’s new remote drive board...

image1.jpeg

Dekatron42

Aug 13, 2019, 2:32:01 PM8/13/19
to neonixie-l
Fantastic!!!!

/Martin

Dylan Distasio

Aug 13, 2019, 2:34:28 PM8/13/19
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Rub it in! :-).

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 2:29 PM Nicholas Stock <nick...@gmail.com> wrote:
PV’s new remote drive board...

Sent from my iPhone

Paul Andrews

Aug 13, 2019, 2:39:56 PM8/13/19
to neonixie-l
Beautiful.

Nicholas Stock

Aug 13, 2019, 2:41:55 PM8/13/19
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
These things are meant to be used and enjoyed, not hidden away in drawers....:-) will post updates on the case design as it progresses, but main focus is still finishing up the Fortress and Harwell clocks with Grahame.

Sent from my iPhone

Tyler Bourne

Aug 13, 2019, 4:04:05 PM8/13/19
to neonixie-l
Those are just gorgeous!  I don't think I could focus on any other projects until I got those in a clock.

Dekatron42

Aug 13, 2019, 4:35:46 PM8/13/19
to neonixie-l
Now I just hope/wish that Dalibor would make something like those (or bigger).....

/Martin

Tidak Ada

Aug 13, 2019, 5:10:57 PM8/13/19
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
You lie at the bottom?

eric

Aug 13, 2019, 5:40:51 PM8/13/19
to neoni...@googlegroups.com

martin martin

Aug 13, 2019, 11:03:20 PM8/13/19
to neonixie-l
tell me about the board you are using to drive those fine tubes!

Nicholas Stock

Aug 13, 2019, 11:07:44 PM8/13/19
to neoni...@googlegroups.com

Richard Scales

Aug 14, 2019, 1:27:03 AM8/14/19
to neonixie-l
These boards also include a sync output to his new Dual Dekatron driver board which helps with the display of seconds etc.

On Wednesday, 14 August 2019 04:07:44 UTC+1, Pramanicin wrote:
https://www.pvelectronics.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=43

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 13, 2019, at 20:03, martin martin <mcve...@gmail.com> wrote:

tell me about the board you are using to drive those fine tubes!

On Tuesday, August 13, 2019 at 11:29:56 AM UTC-7, Pramanicin wrote:
PV’s new remote drive board...

GastonP

Aug 14, 2019, 4:16:35 AM8/14/19
to neonixie-l
You said it. Gratuitous... but how nice!!!

Bill Notfaded

Aug 15, 2019, 12:35:03 PM8/15/19
to neonixie-l
Nick do you have more of these tube boards?  Or where did they come from.  I'm familiar with the PV driver board but where did those tube boards come from?

Thanks,

Bill

Nicholas Stock

Aug 15, 2019, 12:36:53 PM8/15/19
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
They were custom made from Pete.

Sent from my iPhone

Nicholas Stock

Aug 15, 2019, 8:51:25 PM8/15/19
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
The driver board also has options for a couple of dekatron displays too....they sync with the main board and can be configured separately to sweep, step or swing like a pendulum (linear)....

image1.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone

Ron Walsh

Aug 15, 2019, 10:41:28 PM8/15/19
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
I love the looks of those kits.  I bet there is a way to add my shiny new squiggle Nixie to a clock.  I have to order one of those excellent kits from Pete.

Ron

...Semper Fidelis...

Bill Notfaded

Aug 20, 2019, 11:15:58 AM8/20/19
to neonixie-l
I like the dekatron setup... I wonder why it's two tubes?  I'm curious how this works with two tubes.  I picked up a sealed box of 25 OG-4 this past year and have been looking for way to build a 6 digit dekatron clock with them or perhaps A-101 tubes as I also have a bunch of them.  When you guys are ready with your new clock I'm ready.  I've got a decent stash of the British tubes yours and Grahame's clock will require now.  I just sent email to Pete about making me some B-8091 tube boards as well.  Looks good and would be nice use of my tubes that took me forever to also collect... I know you know how hard it is to put together a set of these Nick.  I still don't have the biggest ones like you have yet though... the B-8091's are the best I could do so far.

Best Regards,

Bill

Nicholas Stock

Aug 20, 2019, 4:09:29 PM8/20/19
to 'Greg P' via neonixie-l
You don't have to use both, just an option with the board. You can configure them to do different things for some variety or just use one in your design.

Alas, the large tubes are an increasingly rare commodity...unless Dalibor shakes things up again!

Bill Notfaded

Aug 22, 2019, 9:24:52 PM8/22/19
to neonixie-l
Thanks again for the scoop on the tube boards... Pete's hooking it up for me! He was just about to order more custom PCB and I got in under the wire. I love new Nixie projects and these are totally legit for the big front views 4 sure! 😁
Let me know as soon as you and Grahame get the dekatron badness going!

I'm working on a wild vfd clock with DT1704 and the numbers that seen to float in mid air. It's a neat clock with really primo case. It uses IV-15 and ORP-52 in the build. I'll post pictures soon. I don't have many vfd clocks but this one is special.

Bill

Bill Notfaded

Aug 22, 2019, 9:25:40 PM8/22/19
to neonixie-l
I ordered two OG tube boards as well.

Bill Notfaded

Aug 28, 2019, 7:14:56 PM8/28/19
to neonixie-l
I got in just in the nic of time... Pete was about to order boards and I'm getting some. I ordered the two OG-4 boards as well. Thanks for the info. This is perfect for some tubes. I actually have the sockets already but this is great. Pete had me order the Dalibor sockets and put note in there to order B-8091 instead. Perfect!

Bill