It Lives!!!!

Joe Croft

Jul 8, 2022, 4:12:56 PM7/8/22
to neonixie-l
Finally,

I have pictures of my NixieStat thermostat in its case!

-joe

nixiestat-3-small.jpg
nixiestat-4-small.jpg
nixiestat-1-small.jpg
nixiestat-2-small.jpg

Mac Doktor

Jul 8, 2022, 4:53:28 PM7/8/22
to neonixie-l

On Jul 8, 2022, at 4:12 PM, Joe Croft <cro...@gmail.com> wrote:

Finally,

I have pictures of my NixieStat thermostat in its case!

Nice.

What did you use as the thermal sensor? All of the off-the-shelf devices are calibrated in Celsius. For Fahrenheit the number is simply multiplied by 9/5 and offset by 32. You get temperatures like 98.6°F, 98.8°F and so on, rarely an odd number. For some reason that really bugs me.

I'm just sayin'.

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"

https://www.astarcloseup.com

"Would you like to see the relevant data?"—343 Guilty Spark, Halo 2

Joe Croft

Jul 8, 2022, 5:02:00 PM7/8/22
to neonixie-l
I am using DS18B20 sensors. If I remember correctly, I end up converting them to F.

-joe

Charles MacDonald

Jul 8, 2022, 10:36:39 PM7/8/22
to neoni...@googlegroups.com, Mac Doktor
On 2022-07-08 16:53, Mac Doktor wrote:

> What did you use as the thermal sensor? All of the off-the-shelf devices
> are calibrated in Celsius. For Fahrenheit the number is simply
> multiplied by 9/5 and offset by 32.

I have the opposite problem, my commercial thermostat only can be set in
Whole degrees. I prefer 22.5C which can't be set. It is so long ago I
forget what those forgnheat numbers mean.

--
Charles MacDonald VA3CPY Stittsville Ontario
cm...@zeusprune.ca Just Beyond the Fringe