Neo4j: The client has provided incorrect authentication details too many times in a row.

Srihari Prabhakar

Oct 21, 2019, 2:38:02 PM10/21/19
to Neo4j
Hi folks,

I am getting the below error when logging in to one of the server in causal cluster.

[root@neo-vm1~]# cypher-shell -uneo4j -p###### -a'######'
The client has provided incorrect authentication details too many times in a row.

It is a 3 node cluster, connection to other 2 nodes is fine.

I have tried restarting the server, then I removed auth files in folder "DATADIR/dbms", still facing the same issue. How do I fix this?

Thanks in advance..

Michael Hunger

Oct 21, 2019, 2:38:57 PM10/21/19
to ne...@googlegroups.com
I think you have to restore the auth folder to the same content as the other cluster members