Release Announcement: NEDC TUH EEG Artifact (v1.0.0)

Sean Ferrell

Dec 7, 2018, 12:17:04 AM12/7/18
to nedc_t...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

We have released v1.0.0 of TUH EEG Artifact (TUAR). It is available at:

This is our first release of the TUH EEG Artifact Corpus. This corpus was developed to support modeling of non-seizure signals for problems such as seizure detection. We have been using the data to build better background models.

Five artifact events have been labeled: (1) eye movements (EYEM), (2) chewing (CHEW), (3) shivering (SHIV), (4) electrode pop, electrostatic artifacts, and lead artifacts (ELPP), and (5) muscle artifacts (MUSC). The data is cross-referenced to TUH EEG v1.1.0 so you can match patient numbers, sessions, etc.

Our next release should be TUH EEG Seizure (TUSZ) v1.5.0, which should happen before the end of the year. This will include the expansion of the training dataset to over 4,500 files. But don't get your hopes up... in our research, we haven't yet seen a big improvement training on the expanded dataset :(

As always, don't hesitate to contact us with your questions or bug reports.

Best regards,

Sean Ferrell
NEDC Data Resources Development Manager
The Neural Engineering Data Consortium
Temple University
College of Engineering, ENGR 602
1947 North 12th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19122-6018
Tel: 215-204-4841
Fax: 215-204-5960

Sean Ferrell

Jan 3, 2019, 6:54:04 PM1/3/19
to Ezekiel Fink, nedc_t...@googlegroups.com, Cody Barrett
Hello Ezekiel,

We have developed a visualization tool for this purpose and it is located here:

There are other visualization tools such as EDFbrowser and EEGlab but they do not allow the user to annotate directly over signal displays. Our NEDC Demo tool allows the user to make those annotations as well as some other features such as a search API for querying the TUH EEG Corpus, a configurable filter, and several other capabilities.

Please let me know if you have other questions.

Regards,

Sean Ferrell
NEDC Data Resources Development Manager

On Thu, Jan 3, 2019 at 4:11 PM Ezekiel Fink <EF...@hspmgroup.com> wrote:

Hi,

I am interested in using this resource but have some questions (pardon my ignorance).

Is there specific EEG analysis software you recommend for these data sets?  I am aware of a couple including Biopac.

Thanks

EF

Ezekiel Fink, MD
Houston Methodist Medical Director of Pain Management
Triple Board Certified in Neurology, Pain Management, and Brain Injury Medicine
Assistant Clinical Professor at UCLA/David Geffen School of Medicine