Chrome Browser Feature Extension: Full Screen In Window

Nicholas Brigman

Aug 25, 2020, 4:00:20 PM8/25/20
to Native-Client-Discuss
As a user who uses Google Chrome for the display of web enabled business applications, I would like a modifier to full-screen mode that would full-screen the app inside the current scaled window.  With the availability of large format screens 4K and 8K, is is great to use soft screen controls and eliminate the top-line border.

Ideally this could be invoked and reset by a modifier to the current F11

In a perfect world,  the modifier could be passed open full screen in the designated window space.

Derek Schuff

Aug 25, 2020, 4:37:53 PM8/25/20
to native-cli...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nicholas,
This list is for discussion of Native Client specifically, it's not really for web platform for chrome app APIs, so the people who could help you with that aren't here. The web fullscreen API spec is developed by WHATWG and its github repo is at https://github.com/whatwg/fullscreen. I'd suggest opening an issue there.
Hope that helps,
-Derek