Windows Desktop + iPad + iPhone Wifi Sync

George Washington

Jan 27, 2014, 9:50:03 AM1/27/14
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible to use the WiFi sync and use my Windows desktop an iPad and an iPhone all to sync the same file?  When I attempt to set this up it seems I must remove the sync from either my iPhone or iPad and cannot do both with my desktop.

Dwight Arthur

Feb 3, 2014, 9:29:23 AM2/3/14
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
Hi, George.  You can do this but you have to unpair and re-pair the desktop whenever you want to switch what device it syncs with. You could also use cloud sync which does this much better, for a fee. Unpairing and re-pairing sounds like a pain but some people who want to avoid paying cloud sync fees do it and it seems not to be too bad once you get used to it.
-Dwight
Mlo betazoid on Android sgn2

Stéph

Feb 4, 2014, 10:22:15 AM2/4/14
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
- and other people are concerned about security of using the cloud for the personal and confidential information posted in an outline, don't forget.

As an MLO desktop, iPhone, iPad user who moves between home and office networks on a daily basis, I wouldn't even consider trying to pair all three on WiFi.  I have enough trouble making sure that my conflicts get resolved in the right direction when using just one mobile device.  I think that if you want to sync multiple devices, your best bet is to take the risk of moving to Cloud sync.

That's advice from someone who elects to have his outlines just on the iPhone and desktop, so that he can continue using WiFi.

Stéphane

Anthony Clendenen

Feb 6, 2014, 10:49:57 AM2/6/14
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
Yeah I agree.  I do not need all of my personal and work information sitting on someone elses server.  I have a NAS at home and I am thinking of testing storing my MLO file on it and then opening it in my mobile devices and desktop to see how it works.

Nick Clark

Feb 6, 2014, 6:07:09 PM2/6/14
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
The desktop will work fine but not the mobile devices as these use a different file format. You'll still have to use WiFi sync through the desktop.
Nick

Anthony Clendenen

Feb 7, 2014, 3:35:29 PM2/7/14
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for that info Nick. Is it possible to script the file conversion? It just seems like I am being nickled an dimed with having to pay for my desktop license, iPad app, iPhone app and then to sync...

Nick Clark

Feb 9, 2014, 6:54:00 PM2/9/14
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
I doubt if the conversions can be scripted as i think (but don't know for sure) that the mobile versions use an internal database format rather than a file as such.

The reason for having to pay for each part is that different people will use different options. I use Windows, Android, iPad and cloud, not Blackberry or iPhone. It might be good if the Andrey could put together some promotional bundles, but it might be difficult as the payment method for each is different, not to mention the platform owners like Apple taking their cut.

Nick