Calendar? Day View? Rapid Task entry?

Caleb Roger Davis

Mar 7, 2018, 3:26:40 AM3/7/18
to MyLifeOrganized
Is there a Calendar and a day picker in MLO?

The heart of any task manager would be to pick a day (or the current day displayed by default on login reading from system time) and showing tasks for that day.

--
I want to be able to pick a day : "Sunday", and enter line item tasks rapidly for that day => and set priority, time, appointments etc. or simply enter a general task.
for example, type a task, hit tab, get next line item and begin typing.  The later enter specifics if I want.

--
I want to have presented a way to categorize tasks:  "Morning" tab, "@Home Evening Tab" (that I can enter tasks into).

I am using MLO, but I can't make it work for me and the way I think.  It takes too much time and energy to get data in (enter tasks), and to get data out and see lists or views that I want.  It has prompted me to want to write my own task manager, but I simply do not want to do this.  I need something I can buy now.

Without a calendar and date picker and ability to enter tasks rapidly, then for me this product is not useful.  There are some great features and great concepts that I wish to take advantage of, but the basic 101 items that I would expect in a task manager ( a calendar ), is missing.

Caleb

Alyona (MLO Support)

Mar 8, 2018, 6:06:51 PM3/8/18
to MyLifeOrganized
Hi Caleb,

Thank you for posting your feedback here. There is no calendar in MLO in its traditional form, still a date can be assigned to any task (Start and Due date in Properties). A task list can be then filtered/grouped/sorted by a date so that you can focus on the most appropriate tasks for the day. Choose from the options on the left (Filter pane) or add your own rule using "Advanced filter". If you need any assistance with setup, just let us know.

By default subtasks inherit dates of their parent tasks. So, you may create a task with Start and/or Due date and its subtasks will have the same dates.
Rapid task entry is available and explained in our Manual.

MLO can offer lots of options and, of course, it will take some time to configure everything to tweak it to better fit your own personal needs. When you have all the required predefined views and filters at hand, it should be really helpful for keeping track of your tasks.

There will be synchronization with Google Calendar in the new version of MLO for Windows. Hope you will find it useful.