Manual Sorting changed after disabling grouping (none), bug or by design?

Patricio Carranza

Jun 24, 2021, 2:25:47 AM6/24/21
to MyLifeOrganized
hi All!!

By following the next steps a view with a given manual sorting gets changed which IMO is really frustrating...is this a bug or it's working according to design?

1) a given view with several tasks is set with manual sorting
2) you sort your tasks manually as it makes sense...
3) enable grouping by flag
4) disable grouping (--> sets grouping to 'none')
5) current result: now the manual sorting set on step #2 changed (I'm not sure to understand which sorting criteria is followed, but the order of the tasks changed from step #2); expected result: get the view as sorted in step #2.

thanks a lot!

Patricio.

Stéph

Jun 24, 2021, 2:38:08 AM6/24/21
to MyLifeOrganized
I haven't used manual sorting in views (I prefer MLO to do as much of the work as possible so would rather set suitable automatic sorting criteria) so I haven't experienced your problem.  I can see why MLO does that, though - As soon as you change any automatic filtering and sorting criteria, it will re-run that automated filter with its revised criteria.

However, I see your point that the manual sort order should be preserved when other filter criteria are changed. It would be a good idea to submit that as a feature request.

Stéphane

Patricio Carranza

Jul 11, 2021, 2:40:52 AM7/11/21
to MyLifeOrganized
thanks  Stéphane! Remind me, how can we submit a feature request?

Patricio.

Stéph

Jul 11, 2021, 3:39:30 PM7/11/21
to MyLifeOrganized
Well, you could email support@mylifeorganized,net directly. The other option is to get one of the beta testers to post it on the beta forum and raise it.

I'll post a link to this discussion thread on the beta testers forum.