Show Parents on some tasks

Dave Nicoll

Mar 25, 2024, 11:58:04 AMMar 25
to MyLifeOrganized
I'm wondering if what I'm wanting is possible.

I have a recurring project for maintaining the stock pile of available laptops. To ensure uniformity, i have several steps for each computer that I need to go through.

Currently, I have a project set up for the weekly batches of computers i need to process. I would like to add all those steps underneath each computer, so I am making sure to check off each step.

Is there any way to make the parent (which includes the name of the computer i'm working on) show on my task list as a prefix to the actual tasks? I know I could go set the to-do list format, but I don't want it for all tasks, just these particular tasks.

MDBiro

Mar 25, 2024, 7:34:14 PMMar 25
to MyLifeOrganized
When you set it up as a project, the child's tasks will have the parent in parentheses when looking at your daily tasks. So you could name the computer as a parent, make it a project, and all the child tasks under it would show with that computer name in [ ] in front of all the child tasks.