Gamification request

Wolfgang58975

Jan 31, 2024, 1:47:05 AMJan 31
to MyLifeOrganized
Hallo team,
I am a HUGE fan of MLO.
But becaouse sometimes it so helpful to me to add some motivation to my work I would so much wish to be able to use some gamification ideas in MLO and found no way whatsoever to integrate it smoothly.
This would be f.e. a counter for done tasks or counting dredits for them or streaks for repeated tasks or sth..
Maybe so has a suggestion or the team a easy integrated solution for that..
Thanks and cheers,
Wolfgang

Michael Emerald, CFA

Jan 31, 2024, 5:34:04 AMJan 31
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com

Me too. I like gamification. What you can play with, meaning think of creative ways to use it, is this: I have a Dashboard called Accomplishments. Every task that actually does something, meaning is meaningful and productive (compared to “Check email” or “Carry forward to do list from yesterday) I have set to “Show completed copy”. My Accomplishments Dashboard only shows completed tasks completed in the last 2 hours. Since I can resize the Dashboard, I can set it to try to gamify doing 1 accomplishment (completed task) per hour. Then two. Then three. As the hours pass by in the day, old completed tasks slip off the Dashboard. Which means I have to do more productive work to keep them filled.

As for rewards, levels, etc., you can probably drum up something as well as I can, so I’d leave that to you.

Take Care,

Michael Emerald, CFA

Performance Business Design

Owner, Business Strategy Consultant