When moving task to other folder it loses the link to parent project

robert roszak

May 20, 2014, 9:24:02 AM5/20/14
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

as stated in the title - when I'm moving task (which is a part of project in-progress) to other folder, it loses the link to parent project. To put it in other words, I have a folder called "Work" where I store all my work-related projects/tasks. I also have a folder "Waiting for answer" where I move tasks that can't be accomplished before I get an answer from someone. After moving the task to "Waiting" it stops showing its parent project and there seems to be no link between them whatsoever.

How can I get round it?

Regards,
Robert

Nick Clark

May 20, 2014, 6:07:33 PM5/20/14
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
You've moved the task out of the project tree so it is no longer part of the project. A task has to be a sub-task of the Project task to be part of it.

In a similar situation I add a context @WaitingFor to those tasks and have a view that just shows tasks with that context.

Nick

Elizabeth Lindsay

May 20, 2014, 9:18:10 PM5/20/14