Hide subtasks of suspended projects on Active actions

devan

Mar 23, 2018, 11:46:32 AM3/23/18
to MyLifeOrganized
How do I create an filter to omit the subtasks of suspended or Not Started projects?

If I create the advanced filter:

ProjectStatus <> Not Started OR
ProjectStatus <> Suspended

It only filters out the parent project, not the subtasks.

Thanks,

Devan

Mike McCallister

Mar 23, 2018, 2:27:08 PM3/23/18
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com

Devan,

Haven’t tested this, but have you tried adding something in the HasSubtasks tree?

Mike McCallister

devan

Mar 25, 2018, 7:53:02 PM3/25/18
to MyLifeOrganized
Well, I don't think I know the logical way to use it:

Project (suspended) (want hidden)
  Subtask1 (want hidden)
  Subtask 2...  (want hidden)
      Sub-subtask A (want hidden)

I think the key would be if there is a way to change the "To Do List format" options.  There is a way to encode project name but if the name can change depending on the project status, then I could filter appropriately.

robisme (Olivier R)

Mar 26, 2018, 5:07:31 AM3/26/18
to MyLifeOrganized
you can setup a view with this filter :
- project status is "in progress"

You can alos set somethin ilke
project status Is Not "suspended" AND
project status Is Not "completed"  etc.

Olivier

ps : More deeply, I would like MLO not to consider Active a task that belongs to a non "in progress" project.
Waiting for it, building a view is a workouround;

Mun Thung Lew

Apr 10, 2018, 1:55:11 AM4/10/18
to MyLifeOrganized
Hi

For me to "Hide subtasks of suspended or not started projects on Active actions"

I will just check "Hide the branch in To-Do" for the whole project.

Regards,
LEW

Devan Bhagat

Apr 10, 2018, 9:13:11 AM4/10/18
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
That is a nice work around that I forgot.